Intelsat 3R/Ku issues

Status
Please reply by conversation.

magnigyro

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2008
This week can I get this bird, with a Pansat 2700, 31" dish.

Blind scan give me only:

1 CHIHUAHUA 11984 V 3124

2 TX TELEVISA 11963 V 3125

3 TELEPUERTO PUEBLA 11995 V 2864

Thats all! Q=40 imagen: stable.

And the italian channels? are there yet?

Need I a bigger dish? Im Texas south

That sat has a European Only Beam too.
I looks like you were able to get everything on the North American Beam.
Which TPs were you trying to get?

This week can I get this bird, with a Pansat 2700, 31" dish.

Blind scan give me only:

1 CHIHUAHUA 11984 V 3124

2 TX TELEVISA 11963 V 3125

3 TELEPUERTO PUEBLA 11995 V 2864

Thats all! Q=40 imagen: stable.

And the italian channels? are there yet?

Need I a bigger dish? Im Texas south
The Italian MUX has ceased operations on IS-3R...

Hello hey those spanish channels 24/7 or just color bars or news feeds

thank you very much

Currently my channel list on 43W Intelsat 3R is showing:

TELEPTO NVO LAREDO on TP 11.953 V SR 3.125 MS/s (just as I checked this, I found that this channel was broadcasting, it shows a "tucanal" and 67% Q).
TELEVISA MATAMOROS on TP 12.003 V SR 3.125 MS/s also (this channel is still dead for me)
El Canal de Casa on TP 11.998 V SR 1.563 MS/s (the Q has dropped since I last checked from 91% to 88%)

It was several days to up to a week ago that I scanned these in.
El Canal de Casa did not scan in with that channel name, it came up with something else, I edited the name to match the channel.

The first two are dead for me now, so they may have just been feed channels. But, El Canal de Casa is running strong at 91% quality (73% signal level) and has been active everytime I have tuned into it at various hours of the day, each day. So I think it is a constant channel and not a feed.

On March 3-5 I checked the alignment of this satellite with the solar outage calculator and found that the eave of my roof is shadowing the signal from this sat to my dish slightly, so I may have a deficiency here. I plan to relocate the dish and test this satellite and a few others east of it again.

I am using a Coolsat 5000, a Winegard DS-2076 and an Invacom QPH-031. I am located near Omaha, NE, just a little NW.

I used to get the channels that are listed on Lyngsat on 12.050 TP, but it is dead for me now. Not sure if the channels have changed and moved or if they are still there and it is a problem with my dish and the eave shadowing affect.

Radar

Last edited:
Currently my channel list on 43W Intelsat 3R is showing:

TELEPTO NVO LAREDO on TP 11.953 V
TELEVISA MATAMOROS on TP 12.003 V
El Canal de Casa on TP 11.998 V

Can you please post the SR for those tp, to?

Last night another advanced scan changes the name from TX TELEVISA to TLVSA CD JUAREZ, thats a feed, we can to listen all personal and a little vulgar conversations between reporters...:eek:

Today afternoon I´ll see if can get the "Canal de Casa".:) SR?

Magni > I don't see your problem I'm getting lots more Ku channels

then again I am in Europe at the moment :D:D:D

Congratulations Pedro! There are many free channels beamed to Europe from Mexico. And I think a lot more FTA channels are for Europe.

And America?...whats happen!!:(

I used to get the channels that are listed on Lyngsat on 12.050 TP, but it is dead for me now. Not sure if the channels have changed and moved or if they are still there and it is a problem with my dish and the eave shadowing affect.

Radar

12050 was the Italian MUX from Challenger Teleport....

Can you please post the SR for those tp, to?

Last night another advanced scan changes the name from TX TELEVISA to TLVSA CD JUAREZ, thats a feed, we can to listen all personal and a little vulgar conversations between reporters...:eek:

Today afternoon I´ll see if can get the "Canal de Casa".:) SR?

Magnigyro,

I sure can... I tell you what I will do is go back and edit my original post and fill in those SR's.

Radar

Magnigyro,

I am also re-scanning this sat, just out of curiousity. I don't think it will improve my channels acquired, but I am going to try anyway and if I find anything new, I will report that in a few minutes.

I am using BLIND SCAN on a Coolsat 5000 with the SR option set to DETAIL (a nice little trick reported by Iceberg... Thanks Ice!).

19% through the scan now and I do see one new channel. TVSA CD. JUAREZ... On TP 11.953 V SR 3.125, 66% Q

Using the DETAIL SR scan does take a lot longer, but I notice I pick up a lot more channels then with it set to "FULL" for the SR scan option.

Up to 52% now and into the H TPs, there was only the one channel newly acquired. Quality reading is really low and in the red all the way through the other TPs so far. Just 5% normally.

Up to 70% of the band scanned. Nothing more yet.

All done, that took a long time!

Only one new channel.

Radar

I never could get an anything to log on 43W...45W yes but never 43W :(

Only local mexican news, talking programs, feeds, bad words to hear:p....mmm I dont know if you understand spanish...

Today I got a 1 meter dish, I will see if can I obtain more channels on 43W.

But, better tomorrow, today is cloudy...:mad:

Aztecas on 93W normally is Q85, right now Q50! On TV the Simpsons! Woooow I seeing the complete human evolution in just 2 minutes!:eek:

As soon I get my tax refund, then I am upgrading the H to H motor to get these exotic bird past 61* W by going little more to the east.

Just wondering, does any stations from Mexico, show any skin flicks?:D:hungry:

Same here Ice but the opposite, 43 west I get fine but 45 west I never been able to get! :(

FTABman0_Avitar.gif

Iceberg,

See the attached map for the signal from 45.0W Intelsat 1R, Ku TP 11.629 H (Pueblovision Canal 36).

If a person can trust Lyngsat EIRP charts then I am near the 49.9 dBW contour where it crosses the NE/IA border so I should be able to detect it, but I don't have a universal LNBF and even if I try to fool the system, it won't pick up any signal.

RADAR

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_16 Apr. 01 20.56.gif
    ScreenHunter_16 Apr. 01 20.56.gif
    60.7 KB · Views: 123
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)