Interesting difference between two Internet tiers...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mcintire123

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 17, 2011
Pennsylvania, United States
I have had the C* blast package for a long time now, 35 down 5 up... With that package everytime I would do a speed test it would consistently show rated speed well.. Throttling was spot on . Then I decided to try and save some money and figured that the next lower tier would be fast enough to make the difference in normal browsing un-noticable. Well it didn't work out that way. The modem for some reason couldn't achieve the advertised speed, not even close. Not sure why because after a check of the internal modem diagnostics I still had 4 open downwind connections with great strengths and SNR's in the normal ranges. Switched back to blast and went right back to normal operations. Odd that it has trouble in holding a slower rated speed than a higher one. Just odd...

:confused:

I've been on the Performance package for years now. The rate they told me I'm suppose to get is 16Mbps (not sure exactly about the upload rate). When I test it on SpeakEasy using their speed tests, its not uncommon for me to see the rates go to 25Mbps. On DSLreports speed test, its more closely to the rated speed. Now, every now and then, when I do a speed test, it maybe lower. The rate may show up around 8Mbps, but I'm usually checking over my wireless, which the rates tend to be more problematic. A few minutes later, its back in the 15 to 25Mbps range.

I've been on the Performance package for years now. The rate they told me I'm suppose to get is 16Mbps (not sure exactly about the upload rate). When I test it on SpeakEasy using their speed tests, its not uncommon for me to see the rates go to 25Mbps. On DSLreports speed test, its more closely to the rated speed. Now, every now and then, when I do a speed test, it maybe lower. The rate may show up around 8Mbps, but I'm usually checking over my wireless, which the rates tend to be more problematic. A few minutes later, its back in the 15 to 25Mbps range.

When I run the tests I usually try a few different locations, 2 times on each and average that out. That tends to filter out the traffic and line quality variables.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)