Interesting SDR screencaps

Balock

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
May 4, 2006
Beebe, AR
Thought I'd start a thread to showcase, so to speak, interesting things those of us playing around with SDR see and/or hear.

Here's one to start it off with: This is a screencap this evening from HDSDR and my RTL-SDR dongle centered around 433.5MHz. On the right-hand side of the screen you can see several short-duration signals in the waterfall...these are typically low-power remote transmitters for items such as wireless weather stations. I live in a town of <10,000, so I wonder what same frequency region may look like in a more densely populated area?

HDSDR_433MHz.jpg

That area is pretty darn empty near me (Hartford CT region), but I did find this:
sdrinterf.jpg

I didn't figure out what it was until I switched windows to save the screenshot. It's noise put out by my LCD TV. The variations in strength are from when I switched between chrome, SDR#, and paint. Apparently my TV is noisier with brighter pictures. I've found a pile of stuff around 450-465 MHz, mostly medical transport.

Nope, pretty dead for remote thermometers and such around here to. But decided to look for something in the L band via the LNBF. Connected to the loop out of the S9.
G3 - 95W
G3C-95w-if-ku.jpg
Sat freq calculates to 11797.407
Wonder if anyone else sees it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts