Interference

andy_horton

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 28, 2010
Northwest Georgia
I have an amp hooked up to my antennas. When the coffee pot is on when the warmer comes back on the picture freezes and sound goes out for just a second on all channels. Any way to get this to stop?

I third getting rid of that particular coffee maker, BUT, perhaps you can try moving it to a different power outlet, and you might get lucky in that the interference will stop.

There's also the thought of putting a ferrite bead on the coffee makers power cord, or on the tv sets power cord. Many old VGA monitors had ferrite beads on their cords that could be re-purposed.

Reactions: KE4EST and Titanium
Cheaper coffee pots use a thermal breaker to kick on/off the heating element, it's the equivalent of a spark gap when it opens and closes and that's probably what's causing it. Moving it further away from the amp/antenna/down-lead is probably about all that you could try, but even that probably won't clear it up if you can't move it far enough away.

Is your TV/Amp and coffee pot on the same circuit(Same breaker/fuse). Anyway to try a different circuit without causing a hazard?
Don't wanna have extension cords run everywhere. :)

There is a sand pit next to me. Every time one of the big loud smelly trucks goes by, WCAX will flutter and stutter for a bit. Only happens on WCAX (rf 22) and it happens every time regardless of weather, season, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)