Interference

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

andy_horton

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 28, 2010
Northwest Georgia
I have an amp hooked up to my antennas. When the coffee pot is on when the warmer comes back on the picture freezes and sound goes out for just a second on all channels. Any way to get this to stop?

I third getting rid of that particular coffee maker, BUT, perhaps you can try moving it to a different power outlet, and you might get lucky in that the interference will stop.

There's also the thought of putting a ferrite bead on the coffee makers power cord, or on the tv sets power cord. Many old VGA monitors had ferrite beads on their cords that could be re-purposed.

Reactions: KE4EST and Titanium
Cheaper coffee pots use a thermal breaker to kick on/off the heating element, it's the equivalent of a spark gap when it opens and closes and that's probably what's causing it. Moving it further away from the amp/antenna/down-lead is probably about all that you could try, but even that probably won't clear it up if you can't move it far enough away.

Is your TV/Amp and coffee pot on the same circuit(Same breaker/fuse). Anyway to try a different circuit without causing a hazard?
Don't wanna have extension cords run everywhere. :)

There is a sand pit next to me. Every time one of the big loud smelly trucks goes by, WCAX will flutter and stutter for a bit. Only happens on WCAX (rf 22) and it happens every time regardless of weather, season, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts