LTE Interference question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mwdxer1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 3, 2015
Seaside Oregon
For the past several days I am getting LTE Interference. I have a 91XG yagi connected to a Windgard pre-amp on the mast. Never had any interference before. I do have two cel towers next to each other about a mile away about a mile way, no a hill. They are not inline with our translators at 12 miles away. The translators are North and the cel towers are about 30 degrees off to the NE. All of our translators are LOS and are not weak. I first thought I may have an issue with the antenna or pre amp. I hooked up a Channel Master indoor antenna and the glitches were even worse. I bought a Phillips LTE filter I placed at the antenna, before the pre amp. I think it help somewhat, but I am still getting some of it. The worst seems to be around 4-7 PM. After Midnight it is gone. All translators are affected except for one, the highest freq (ch 36). The others are 17-21-23-26-34. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

For the past several days I am getting LTE Interference. I have a 91XG yagi connected to a Windgard pre-amp on the mast. Never had any interference before. I do have two cel towers next to each other about a mile away about a mile way, no a hill. They are not inline with our translators at 12 miles away. The translators are North and the cel towers are about 30 degrees off to the NE. All of our translators are LOS and are not weak. I first thought I may have an issue with the antenna or pre amp. I hooked up a Channel Master indoor antenna and the glitches were even worse. I bought a Phillips LTE filter I placed at the antenna, before the pre amp. I think it help somewhat, but I am still getting some of it. The worst seems to be around 4-7 PM. After Midnight it is gone. All translators are affected except for one, the highest freq (ch 36). The others are 17-21-23-26-34. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
The Phillips LTE/5G filter is not very good, especially for multiple towers real close. The Channel Master one is MUCH better. IMO, you have two choices: buy a second Phillips filter and install it added to the other one, OR get the Channel Master filter, and it'll likely be good enough all by itself. Philips LTE Filter Tests

p.s. IF your translators are so close, and so powerful, WHY do you have a preamp installed? Try removing that (preamp AND the power injector!), and going with JUST the single Phillips filter first.

Reactions: Triride44
Thanks for the advice. The pre amp is there mainly because of one translator only run 636 watts. The others are 1800-5700 watts. I have ordered a CM LTE filter. Hopefully it will do the trick. This LTE interference is new. I started getting it only a few days ago.

Reactions: primestar31
Update! I got an e mail today about the glitches in the signals from the translators. It is not LTE interference. Apparently they fiber the signal and there is some issue with the switching. The problem is on the fiber line, so it is up the the fiber company to fix it. The TV stations in Portland has contacted the fiber company. Also there is a reason that the interference goes away at Midnight, which I don't understand, as I know nothing about fiber. The explanation goes something like this that the pocket loss ends at Midnight and starts back up at 8 AM. Why I have no idea. But at least they are working on getting the issue solved. At least I know now it is not on my end.

I have been watching the Portland channels for a while. There are still an occasional glitch, so it is not 100% back to normal. But it a lot better.

I spoke too soon, as the evening progressed the glitches are as just as bad as they were. For several hours there was only the occasional glitch. I hope the Fiber company gets the problem fixed soon. Only one channel is unaffected, KPWT LD, which is the Weigel channel and they do not use fiber lines.