Intermitent video problems

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kanderna

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 10, 2005
Hi all -

Yesterday I started seeing an issue on my HR22-700 (maybe the wife has seen it before, but this is the first for me).

Scenario:
- I change the channel... banner graphic at the top, audio, but no video. Black screen.

I channel up or down a couple times and I regain video.

So far I've only seen it on my D* provided locals, but that's where most of my watching has been this weekend. Probably seen it about 5 times over the past 2 days.

Thoughts? Thanks!

I have no idea. I have seen similar with my setup, but I don't know on which channels. I'll try to notice if/when it happens again.

Saw it again tonight. Doesn't really bother me as long as I can easily recover. I just want to make sure it's not a sign of things to come (a larger failure). I've had a lot of issues with my HR20s (I've replaced 4 of them in the past 1.5 yrs), and get tired of losing recordings, etc.

Another issue that this box has had for a long time... I get audio dropouts quite a bit when watching from the buffer. I usually have to pause-and-play multiple times to get audio back to normal.

Wait you said both...which model is it? One thing I've noticed with H-20's or HR-20's is that they run hot if not ventilated. No DVD players or TV's or game consoles on top of them. Preferably not in a closed cabinet,etc. They will run so hot they turn the access card yellowish brown. Just FYI

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts