Intermittent black screen Starz

I haven't been seeing it as frequently lately, but for me it is still mainly a Starz HD issue and it occurs late in the evening (i.e., after 10 PM MDT).

I never had this problem until last night. My 622 kept doing this on a number of channels. I know it was happening on FOODHD, DISCHD, FSNMWHD. Plus I was seeing issues when I tried to play back a recorded show. I rebooted the box and playing recorded shows was working okay but I was still seeing some issues with the blank screen with audio.

VIP722 in Southern California (110/119/129 sats), saw the black screen issue during The House Bunny recorded from Starz but in this movie and My Cousin Vinny also recorded from Starz (110 sat) have had severe screen breakup multiple times during the movie, like severe macroblocking so severe you can't see any picture when it happens.

Signal strength on 110 sat is 50. I called DISH Tech Support and they said they don't believe it's the cause of the problem but that number sounds really low to me. Anyone have any thoughts on the screen breakups?

I've seen it happen here too, more recently on MGM HD, but also on Starz HD channels and during some football games on FOX and CBS.

My signal strength on MGM HD is in the mid-high 70's due to having a 26" dish aimed at 129, so I don't know what Dish is doing, again, but it's definitely annoying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)