Intermittent flicker with white bands during playback on HR24-100; have seen with other boxes too

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rtdreep

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 16, 2008
I have an HR24-100. During playback of recorded programs, I get intermittent flickering, about once every 10 to 15 seconds, where a white band flashes on the screen then disappears. This happens only during playback, and not when watching shows in real time. I've had this problem in the past with other types of DirecTV boxes as well as this HR24-100, and it's getting very tiresome. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I have an HR24-100. During playback of recorded programs, I get intermittent flickering, about once every 10 to 15 seconds, where a white band flashes on the screen then disappears. This happens only during playback, and not when watching shows in real time. I've had this problem in the past with other types of DirecTV boxes as well as this HR24-100, and it's getting very tiresome. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Never heard of this one. Does it happen on all channels?

How is it connected to the TV ?
I would first look at removing that connection and re seat it, or replace the connection all together.
Hopefully your using a good HDMI cable. (NOT a Monster cable)

How is it connected to the TV ?
I would first look at removing that connection and re seat it, or replace the connection all together.
Hopefully your using a good HDMI cable. (NOT a Monster cable)

Also, if you move the recvr to a different input, does it still do it ?
How about on a different TV ?

Could be a hard drive going bad as well.

No, it doesn't happen on all channels. Channel 32 (Fox) has no flicker during playback. BBC America (Channel 264) has flicker. I'll reply later with more channels as I notice them.

No, it doesn't happen on all channels. Channel 32 (Fox) has no flicker during playback. BBC America (Channel 264) has flicker. I'll reply later with more channels as I notice them.

Well if thats the case, skip my thougths on it, if it were a cable issue, it would happen on most all of them.
Could be a HD though.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)