Intermittent satellite loss...

bravehog

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 25, 2004
About 1-2 times a day, I get the screen that shows the receivers are "searching for satellite signal". I've seen it happen on both of my receivers (322/522). Do any of you experience this? It happens even on clear days, and takes about 2-3 minutes for the signal to come back. Could this have something to do with dish alignment, or is it something that I should get used to?

bravehog said:
About 1-2 times a day, I get the screen that shows the receivers are "searching for satellite signal". I've seen it happen on both of my receivers (322/522). Do any of you experience this? It happens even on clear days, and takes about 2-3 minutes for the signal to come back. Could this have something to do with dish alignment, or is it something that I should get used to?

Maybe a tree branch swaying in the way? you might consider tweaking the dish a little.... waht are your normal signal strengths.

I'd be suprised if it was a tree branch. I have a great line-of-sight, and the dish stands well above any trees (it's mounted on the roof of my house). I believe that signal strength is OK, but I haven't checked it in a while.

Middle of night event and dual recordings

Two weeks to 5 weeks ago on 921 recorded, hour-long, HDNET First Monday I would get "Acquiring signal" at about 4:40 AM MDT each night plus/minus 1 minute. I have seen it occasionally at other times. It only lasts a couple of seconds.

Show is now repeated at an earlier time so I'm not looking. I think I had it on a coincident recording of Discovery HD on one night.

I've had at least one recording failure "0 minutes" attributable to simultaneous recordings. I stagger them a minute now.

110 & 119 are consistently around 100, but the 105 is showing a 35. Is 35 normal for this sat? I've been told that the 105 has a lower signal strength, but 35?

My Two Cents,

bravehog said:
110 & 119 are consistently around 100, but the 105 is showing a 35. Is 35 normal for this sat? I've been told that the 105 has a lower signal strength, but 35?
Way too low! 50 or above is better. :no

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts