intermittent signal loss

DishInstallAdam

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 27, 2011
Iowa
Has anyone been experiencing intermittent signal loss within the last 4 or 5 days? it is affects tuner 1 but not tuner 2. Any incite or is this a Dish Network issue

If you are having intermitten signal loss on just one of your tuners it may just be something as simple as a connection being loose, so check the connections and then do a hard reset. If you are still having issues PM me your account number, so I can see what we can do to resolve the issue.

I have noticed signal loss on Sat 129, anything that is to record and is HD program is cutting out, is there something up with Sat 129?

DishInstallAdam said:
I have noticed signal loss on Sat 129, anything that is to record and is HD program is cutting out, is there something up with Sat 129?

There have been several postings on the forum concerning intermintent signal loss on specific channels, 160 and 202 have been mentioned most frequently.
Suggest u check connections reboot and do a check switch. If the problem continues email a DIRT member for assistance.
U could also check ur signal levels, I don't k.or what is "normal" for the 118 sat bit u should be able tobfind that info here.
Good luck

Ross

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

If you only get 110 119 & 129 then you shouldn't be getting any signal strength at all on 61.5. Does it say "wrong sat" or "locked" when you check 61.5?

Anyway, what is your signal strength on 110 TP 13?

Has anyone been experiencing intermittent signal loss within the last 4 or 5 days? it is affects tuner 1 but not tuner 2. Any incite or is this a Dish Network issue
Same here... I get a signal level of 50-55 on 129 and 60-70 on 110 and 119. I get a couple of signal loss screens an hour and have to change channels up and down to get the channel back that I was watching such as CNN HD. I went out and tightened all my connections, but no help. Started about a week ago.

Dish Network 222K HD Receiver, DP34 switch, DP500 dish for 110/119, DP500 dish for 129

I've noticed the same trouble on G4 and TBS. When you change to those channels (and others), the screen is blank, you hear a bit of sound, than the "complete signal loss" message flashes for two seconds, than partial signal loss comes up, then the system waits for me to change the channel. Going back to the channel after changing it sometimes works.

Same here... I get a signal level of 50-55 on 129 and 60-70 on 110 and 119. I get a couple of signal loss screens an hour and have to change channels up and down to get the channel back that I was watching such as CNN HD. I went out and tightened all my connections, but no help. Started about a week ago.

Might be caused by my MT2 plug-in as some other people have suggested. KBJR WX channel 006-04 with a 95 signal strength, for some reason always displays signal loss screen. I removed it from the local channel list and so far, no more intermittant signal loss warnings. We'll see if it lasts.

The only problem I have is with channel 364, HD Theatre. IS that part of the Top 200, I also have the HD 200 for $10 a month.

If I recall correctly, at one time, Palladia and HD Theater were part of America's Top 120 with HD; then, HD Free for Life came around and changed all that. Both are now part of Dish Platinum (formerly HD Platinum, etc.). I know that it seems confusing. Anyway, here is the link for the $10 add-on of Dish Platinum which includes 21 channels (was 22 with Fashion TV HD; however, that channel will be moving to an international package from what we understand on here): http://www.dishnetwork.com/hdplatinum/

Therefore, HD Theater is available with the Dish Platinum package. However, if you do not feel like paying $10 extra a month and do not mind having the TV listings for that channel, try the test channel on channel 5710. By the way, HD Theater is expected to become Velocity on October 4 of this year.

I hope that this helps rather than confuses you more. However, I feel it is like an information overload. LOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)