Intermittent ~vertical~ KU reception w/Hauppage PC card

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I’ve figured out that the PC card isn’t supplying enough voltage to the LNBs anymore.

They simply will not work at all until they are helped by another source.

Case in point.

I have a dual output C-band LNBF and also a KU LNBF.

Both LNBFs are used by both my PC and my MicroHD.

If I shutdown the MicroHD the PC gives me “no signal” on either of the shared LNBFs.

I tune to MeTV on C-band via the PC. No signal. Nada.

I power up the MicroHD and tune to ANY C-band channel (neither tuner has the ability to move the C-band dish), all of a sudden the PC gets signal on C-band.
I then, on the PC, tune to any channel on KU, say something on G19. The PC is sharing the dual output of the MicroHD’s HH motorized dish but only the output of the LNBF, it can not move the dish in any way.
When I tune to a KU channel, there is again, no signal.

But once again, when I go to the MicroHD and tune to any KU channel all of a sudden the PC comes to life and gets a KU signal.

So I believe that the PC tuner card isn’t powered up the LNBF’s anymore and only works when another tuner supplies power to them.

I know it’s not the wires or switches, I’ve confirmed that they all work fine via a third tuner.

The MicroHD and the PC are isolated from each other and the only connection is through the dual outputs of the two LNBFs.
The PC can not move any dish and is not set up to move any dish. I found out years ago it’s incapable of doing so.
I have a G-box but it is not in the loop. It only moves the dish manually by remote control, its only connection to the big dish is by the four motor control wires so it’s not a factor.
The microHD can only move the HH motor on the KU dish and nothing else. There are zero issues on the MicroHD side, everything works perfectly as it should.

I am convinced that the Hauppage tuner card is kaput and it’s day is done and gone.

I plan to replace it later this month.

I’m about 99% sure this is the problem. Besides, I really would like to be able to get the newer 3/5 FEC’s that the Hauppage can’t do.

The Hauppage ATSC tuner card continues to work flawlessly and I can find no good reason to replace it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts