International Channel Prices

There's Globecast. I don't know if they're any cheaper though.

What they should do is allow subs with DVR Advantage to get any pack for a reduced rate according to how much they already spend.

Everyone, of course, realizes that if DISH wasn't uplinking these channels, many of them wouldn't be available at any price.

Yes, there is a bit of a monopoly factor here, but it is demand driven. Charlie doesn't pay extra for exclusive carriage, so anybody else that wanted to could add these channels. The fact that they don't says a lot about the ability to make money off of them.

We can't count the money from Intl subs as the information doesn't disclose.

Sad irony: Better if all the nationalities will be converted to Spanish population, only then you will see drop in prices of the packages. :(

i have it and it retty kool for cheap price. But thats the only one tho .... i got this so i could get 61.5 bir and now i get geo and oter desi (indian / pakistani) channels during there free preview .. pretty kick ass .. now if they reduce the rates of these channels i might actually sub to it :)

I'm sorry but B4U is not a good channel. Its not even worth the 2.99....all they do is repeat the same 10 songs everyday.

I really wish Verizon or Comcast would pick up some of these pakistani channels.

I belive the South Asian Mega pack is a little under $60. Trust me it is a rip off, half of the channels are a load of crap. Someone said B4u Music is $2.99, well in other countries that channel and Zee Music are free. With Hd programming I am paying over $100 right now, my parents like indian programming but it is too expensive. So I have a netflix type of deal where i can get 3 movies at a time and watch as many as we want each month. Better quality, sound and no commercials. Personalli i don't watch them, i prefer soccer.
Charlie needs to actually watch these channels before pricing them, most of the Souath Asian channels have commercials for people who want your money and promise to heal your health, wealth and scare demons out of you.
And these same scammers always claim as seen on the BBC.
One more thing if you get on inernationals you have to pay extra for not having a regular package, which bumps the price up further.

B4U Music channel is only $2.99 per month.

Per Dish Network: "Customer must subscribe to DishFAMILY, America's Top 100 or above, DishLATINO or above, Great Wall TV Package or any South Asian, Urdu, Russian or Arabic channel or packaged in order to subscribe to B4U Music."

This may sound reasonable, but I subscribe to only Stand-alone DISH-HD package (they no longer offer this). So this is not an option for me with out adding other channels or packages.

I also rent DVDs occationally from Netflix (they have a large selection of South Asian DVDs). No long term commitment needed! I just bought several Indian Movie Music DVDs under $7.00 each from a local Indian store each contain about 100 movie song videos !. This is in DD 5.1 sorround sound !. There is no way Dish network can match this in price or quality.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)