International Channels - Australia Available?

C1787GJ

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 19, 2005
MASSACHUSETTS
I looked on Dish's website, didn't see it. I searched and don't see anything recent about it. Does anyone know if there are any services or options for viewing Australian Channels in the US either through Dish, or some other company/equipment? Thanks in advance :)

I have never seen it, but that would be spectacular . . . catch a little league and footy action. Maybe a little Thank God you are Here. So long as we didn't have to watch ABC coverage of bowling, I would be happy.

Don't know how that would work with the coverage of US shows - TEN carries House, CNIS, etc. Also, Rupert still has a hand in several stations . . . doesn't he? I know they just went through the big ownership changes in October because of the Australian law changes, but I believe he still holds a piece.

Maybe that would pave the way for us to get some of the Sky Sports coverage out of the UK.

Foooty games!!! That would be great. 1 show i miss a lot is Temptation, its a game show, I believe it was on Channel 9. Don't they usually show the US shows after they are already shown here anyway? so it would not be a big deal to show them again, it would just be like a re-run of the show. There really isn't much from the UK or other english parts of the world show in America :(

Maybe that would pave the way for us to get some of the Sky Sports coverage out of the UK.
Fox Soccer Channel (channel 149) has:

- Sky Sports News (daily from the UK)
- Sunday, Monday and mid-week live broadcasts of Sky UK soccer matches (3 matches also shown on Saturday from TWI UK)
- Weekly Hyundai A-League Australian Soccer highlight show

In the past I have seen Aussie Rules highlights shows on FSC channel, as well as live coverage of the Grand Final.
There really isn't much from the UK or other english parts of the world show in America.
Not true !
BBC America (channel 135) is entirely UK programming.
Sci Fi (channel 122) shows the new Doctor Who series
PBS and A&E both show many UK-produced shows
The HBO series "Rome" is essentially a UK production (Season 2 starts Sunday).

PS Australian and UK shows that are not on US TV can be found on the Internet...

Last edited:
E* does not offer an Australian Channel Package per se but you can find some of the related programming scattered through channels like few mentioned here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)