International Channels - Commitment Needed?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tkeppell

Original poster
Dec 6, 2009
Dallas, TX
I and a newbie and recently signed up for the Choice eXtra HD DVR package. The installer used a slimline dish and SWM switch. Installation went fine.

I called DTV today and asked if I can get the South Asian international package added to my account. The agent told me that I will need another dish installed and also need to commit to 12 months of international programming because of the additional equipment needed. I was kind off surprised at this commitment. Anyone know if that's case? Should I call and speak to another agent?

Also, when a second dish is installed, will it be combined with the existing slimline dish outside or inside the house? Do the SWM need to be replaced? Thanks.

I and a newbie and recently signed up for the Choice eXtra HD DVR package. The installer used a slimline dish and SWM switch. Installation went fine.

I called DTV today and asked if I can get the South Asian international package added to my account. The agent told me that I will need another dish installed and also need to commit to 12 months of international programming because of the additional equipment needed. I was kind off surprised at this commitment. Anyone know if that's case? Should I call and speak to another agent?

Also, when a second dish is installed, will it be combined with the existing slimline dish outside or inside the house? Do the SWM need to be replaced? Thanks.

I think the programming commitment is correct, but you can always try another CSR.
If you have the stand-alone SWM switch (the SWM8) then the dishes are combined at the switch, the 95 sat dish uses one of the flexports on the SWM8. If you have the Slimline dish with the SWM LNB, that won't work with the 95 sat. The LNB will need to be replaced by a standard slimline LNB (Slimline 3 or slimline 5, whichever is necessary) and then you will need four cables from the dish to either an SWM8 or a WB68 multiswitch, and that's where the dish outputs will be combined.

I cant say for sure because I am not part of the International language group but I do believe that when the channels on needing a extra dish then yeah there is an increased comitment but if your already in one wthey will genterlly go with the longer fo the two so lets say i signed aup as a news customre on 11/1/09 which means my contract would be up on 11/1/11 if on 12/1/09 i wanted internationals and it a 12 month comminet me well 12 months is 12/1/10 so they would not touch anything and leave the 2 year in tact. basically they leave what ever longer in there system. they dont stack comittments.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts