Status
Please reply by conversation.

hancox

Pub Member / UConnaholic
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 23, 2003
Monroe, CT
HR2x / R22 New software version 0368 began a staggered rollout 10/23/09.

This software can take a few days to a few weeks to rollout nationwide depending on DirecTV's preference.

It is common to stagger major software rollouts to minimize support issues in the event of any unforseen problems.

New features
Left Menu appearance
Support for Linksys WET610N Wireless Adapter
Playlist sorting improvements
VOD program detail screen facelift

Improved/Updated
Playlist touch ups
Prioritizer renamed "Series Manager"
"Rec. Once" and "Rec. Series" text now more user friendly in To Do List and Guide
Under the hood improvements

...hopefully this brings fixes for those with performance problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing a number of folks have reported is that the DVR's response to the remote is much better now, guess that's one of the 'under the hood' improvements.

This was pretty stable in the testing process, not many changes but a few GUI things. For most the receivers are running a bit faster, such as guide response.

Hopefully it fixes the problem of it not recording shows that are series. I have had many problems with missed recordings since the last update.

This will force to check for the update? Or should I just set back and wait? My software version says this.. 0x34c

Last edited:
This will force to check for the update? Or should I just set back and wait? My software version says this.. 0x34c

Just sit back and wait, your box won't take the new software release until DirecTV says it can.

I dont think I have it yet, but hopefully it speeds up the response for me. It can be painfully slow at times to do anything.

I just got it. Was watching TV about 2AM, a message came on asking if I wanted it, I said OK, and it shut down the video and then started loading. It took about 20 minutes. And now that it's up, I don't see much difference in response. It still takes a good 7 or 8 seconds for my list of recorded shows to come up.

Over the past few weeks, my DVR has been making a "chattering" noise and been seeing more breakup/video pauses. Someone suggested that it could be the past software update and that it might stop with this new update. Has anyone else had these problems or is my DVR dying?

I am way more responsive now, thank you d*! I was just telling my wife how sick of this I was getting. Hit one button on the RF and you were waiting like 3-4 seconds!! All better now!

Over the past few weeks, my DVR has been making a "chattering" noise and been seeing more breakup/video pauses. Someone suggested that it could be the past software update and that it might stop with this new update. Has anyone else had these problems or is my DVR dying?

Yes, I've had the exact same issue - got the update last night and I'm hoping it fixes things... we'll see.

Has anyone else noticed on the HR20's that the MPEG4 bug seems to be worse with the new software? Mine is consantly having audio drops and screen errors, and I was told that it is an issue that the reciever looses the MPEG4 sync and has to 'reset'. Is this a problem across the HR20's or should I call in for a replacement?

Has anyone else noticed on the HR20's that the MPEG4 bug seems to be worse with the new software? Mine is consantly having audio drops and screen errors, and I was told that it is an issue that the reciever looses the MPEG4 sync and has to 'reset'. Is this a problem across the HR20's or should I call in for a replacement?

My HR20-700 also seems worse since the update. More audio drops and loss of sync than before on HD channels.

I recieved the latest update last night around 2:00 AM.

I had set my HD-DVR (mod. 22 I think) to record "Imus in the Morning" every day (M-F) on the Fox Biz channel since he joined FBN about three weeks ago. I will call it "Imus ITM" hereafter.

No problems recording "Imus ITM" until this morning when I noticed that the DVR did not record this mornings program.

Talked to a couple of Techs at Direct this morning. We first figured out that for some reason, apparently the latest software release did the following:

1) While "Imus ITM" showed up in the "Series Manager", no upcoming "Imus ITM" future shows appeared on the "To Do List".

2) After the Tech associate had me Delete "Imus ITM" from the Series Manager, he had me go to "Imus ITM" and click on the program to record it. While it WOULD allow me to record ONE individual program, it would not bring up the toggle that will allow me to "Record Series".

The tech person had me reboot, but still had the same issue with not allowing me to set or show the "Record Series" option when recording the program. We even tried recording shows scheduled for different days, but will not allow "Imus ITN" to be recorded beyond that day's program.

What is strange is...it only seems to be happening with the "Imus ITN" show...on my reciever at least. Setting and recording other series on this channel (359) and others seem to be operational.

The Tech was very helpful and took the information down to be sent on to the Techs who handled the Software release.

One strange thing did happen about 20 minutes after I got off the phone with the Tech. I was watching a DVR'd program when suddenly my reciever REBOOTED.

I wonder if they were trying to boot my reciever from their Tech Dept. based on my earlier call? Is that even possible, technology-wise?

Regardless, after the unexpected sudden REBOOT, I was still not able to set a "Record Series" option for the "Imus in the Morning" program.

I hope the folks at Direct TV can get this issue fixed soon!

We got 0x368 on both HR23-700s last night. I had to do a soft reset on both boxes to re-enable network/internet connections.

Not a big deal, but makes me wonder if resetting after any software update might not be a bad idea.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts