International Programming on DirecTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

EAmin

Original poster
Sep 28, 2004
I find DirecTV's international programming lacking. I'm specifically looking for Arabic channels --- any chance DirecTV is gonna catch up to Dish's line-up? I would really hate to switch because of this.

Thanks!

I think you will find that Dish has exclusive contracts with the channels they currently provide in the international category. If you want more variety you will have to change to Dish. I believe they are starting a new arab music package and moving all Arab programming from 121 to 6.15/148.

You do not have to switch from D* to get E* International programing, if you buy your E* equipment at full msrp and either self install or pay to have it installed. All Arabic programing is now on 61.5 and 148, all you need is a Dish300 or 500 pointed to one of these locations. If you do not sub to a basic DF, AT, DL or GW package from E*, you simply pay a $6/mo access fee plus the subscription to the International channel or package of channels of your choice.

If you switch to E* however, you can get free equipment and installation, by leasing your equipment and sub to a basic programing package starting from $19.99/mo.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)