International Programming

GUJUUSA

Original poster
Oct 24, 2008
hi,

My setup is as follows:

1. satellite Dish Network 1000 Dish Pro Plus HD 500
(This is a Dish Network, dish 1000. This has a Dish Pro Plus twin and a Dish Pro dual LNBF.)

2. Receiver 311

Questions.

1. Can I pick up 118.7 with this satellite?
2. Do I need the switch?

Please advise....

Thanks

You are thinking of the 1000+, although with just a 311 receiver, I see no need for the 129 satellite (unless it was required for some non-HD service that is not available in my area). To use a 500+ you would just need a DP34 switch, they are dirt cheap and you can probably find one for free at the nearest trailer park (look for disconnected SuperDishes and ask if you can have it). A 1000+ would need a DPP44 switch (or a complex collection of other switches properly cascaded). DPP44 switches can be fairly expensive. Just out of curiousity, why do you have a dish 1000?

I only need to pick up the 118.7. Nothing else.

Well... Dish 1000 was going to be given to me.. but if it cannot get
118.7.. then no point.

Can someone suggested the easiest and most cost effective method to get
118.7... I am guessing it would be to get Dish 500+ to use with my existing receiver 311.

I am only connecting one dish.... one receiver.... to one room. Do I have to have the
DP34 switch? Is the switch needed when only connecting one dish.. to one receiver to one room???

Call DISH 800-333-3474 and subscribe to international programming you want if new customer equipment should be free if you meet qualifications.

boba...

thanks.. I wasn't able to find the Dish Network number... anywhere! (sarcasm)

I know I can do that... I don't want the contract..... hence why I posted here.... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is the difference if you pay for the equipment up front or pay it as an Early Termination Fee? It is still money out of your pocket and ETF decreases each month that you subscribe..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)