International Services Moving to 118.7 Orbital Slot - DELAYED

Scott had said that Claude from Dishstore had a few - and they are in the Detroit area, may be able to cut/eliminate shipping costs.

I've emailed him for pricing and he was waiting on cost information from Dish still. Hopefully something clicks soon...

well now the +Dishes are available in my area. if i just would have waited until July 5th instead of trying on July 3.

on a second note, the CS rep said i'd get a 1000+ Dish when i clearly told him i only wanted one int'l channel. i said i thought i'd get a 500+ not 1000+ -that the 1000+ is just to also get the 129 sat for HD Programming. at one point he asked if i used to work for Dish. i said no just spend alot of time researching on the Internet. he understood and said it'd still be the 1000+. I guess that's cool. i'll get a DP44 switch then too.

on another note, i went to Home Depot and they have metal fence posts that are 1 5/8 inches.

the superdishes are still $149 for new customers and he could not give me any assurance that Dish would (with no cost to me) upgrade my superdish121 if the int'l programming i already subscribe to required an upgrade to continue to receive the channel. i thought it was firmly established here that Dish pays for it if they move programming you're already subscribed to/receiving to another satellite that requires you to have a different Dish. he also couldn't say how long the int'l programming i was interested in would stay on the 121 if i got a superdish.

Mike - did they charge you anything for the dish upgarde?

Did you already sub to a internation option or did you call to add one? Which one?

You're 100% sure you have a 1000+ coming, when is your install? What is your general location (state)?

Thanks, I'm just trying to figure if I can do the same...

this isn't upgrading a SD121 to a 1000+. i'd be a new customer at new location wanting int'l programming. i had been livin at a fam member's house for the past year. i just moved out to my own apt a few weeks ago. at the house there has been Dish for years. In nov 05 convinced fam mem to order the German Language channels. been enjoying and learning Deutsch ever since there.

now i'm thinking of having the Dish int'l programming at my own apt. i had 2" pipe already and didn't know where to get 1 5/8" so i was going back and forth b/t getting a superdish121 or a new + Dish. i'm only researching. i was speaking in the hypothetical, future/subjunctive tense.

yeah, it was suprising to hear him say it'd be a 1000+ Dish. can anyone shed light why that'd be? i'll PM you other info.

SummitAdvantageRetailer said:
Wait until 7/21 when the D500+ and D1000+ becomes available.

I am waiting to subcribe as a new customer, to HD metal pack, locals and Internationals on 118.75. Should I wait until 7/21 for the D1000+ so I will have one dish for everything and will the D1000+ be free as a new customer? Thanks.

Yes I would wait and get one dish for everything. Good things come to those who wait. I would think it would be free for a new customer. I 've seen figures for the dish alone in the $199.00 range, so I would wait if I was you untill they tell you that is the dish you will get. I would also try a local person who installs Dish and see if they can guarantee you the new dish 1000+.

MikeCTM2 said:
now i'm thinking of having the Dish int'l programming at my own apt. i had 2" pipe already and didn't know where to get 1 5/8" so i was going back and forth b/t getting a superdish121 or a new + Dish. .

A 1 5/8" fence post will work. Can get it at most home improvement stores - anyone that sells chain-link fence.

FYI to anyone looking at getting 118, Dishstore added the product today, and he told me a week ago that he had a few in stock - I hope that is still the case given I just ordered one.

Anyway, it is listed as a category on the left: Dish 1000 Plus

THANKS CLAUDE for selling each part seperately! Very cool for people with some existing parts laying around, or just upgrading an existing setup.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)