Internet buffering

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kskyangel

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 19, 2007
will the set top box require waiting for buffering, (stopping the stream)
anyone know?

All the things i have read say it's not like streaming we are used to. So, I think there won't be buffering.

If it doesn't buffer, then it downloads a portion of the content before you are able to view it (po-tay-to, po-tah-to). How big of a portion and how long you have to wait will depend on your available speed.

I would guess that for all but the most well-connected subscribers it is going to be a big disappointment.

Unless they are going to offer a $ back guarantee on the equipment you could be wasting your $. the technology is too new to know how well it will really work.

Look at the apple iphone, I wouldn't be the first one to jump on this band wagon!

Last edited:
I found out that buffering is not an issue from skyangel

and that the computer eis not needed

The cost of the equipment is not an issue if the customer is willing to commit to 18 months of service. So if something happens during that time that SA ceases service, there would have been no equipment cost.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)