Internet Connection Requirements.

do_i_neda_name

Original poster
Mar 22, 2012
Pittsburgh
Does the Hopper require an internet connection? I have never had my current Dish or Direct hooked up to the internet and have had no problems (I have also never had a dvr or premium channels). I am building a new house and I don't know what I am going to do for internet. Local DSL is bad and I would need to have a land line phone which I would like to avoid. Other options are about 6 months out and would like to wait on internet.

Even if you don't think you might have Internet when your house is finished, I would still have 2 cat5/6 cables run to each room that might have a receiver installed or a computer. Actually I would run those lines as well as putting conduit in the walls so that it would be easy to run any new cabling in the future. Just make sure they all run back to a central location.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

You need either an ethernet or phone connection to avoid a charge. No sense connecting internet to a any modern electronics unless it is a stable and fast connection IMO. Computers excepted along with your own patience.

hdaddikt said:
You need either an ethernet or phone connection to avoid a charge. No sense connecting internet to a any modern electronics unless it is a stable and fast connection IMO. Computers excepted along with your own patience.

There is no charge if you don't have a phone line anymore, they eliminated that charge a while ago.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner