Internet on Whole Home system

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

AiwaSoundSystem

Original poster
Oct 1, 2011
Idaho
I am trying to get the internet connected to my whole home installation and am wondering how to get it to work on all my recievers. Here is the setup I have:
  1. Swim Splitter Green Label
    1. "IN" Port - From dish
    2. "OUT/Power bypass" Port - to "Power to SWM" port on SWM ODU Only Swim box
    3. "OUT" Port - to R22-200 in Room#1
    4. "OUT" Port - to HR24-500 in Room#2
    5. "OUT" Port - EMPTY
  2. SWM ODU Only Swim box
    1. "Power to SWM" Port - to "OUT/Power bypass" port on Swim Splitter
    2. "Signal to IRD" Port - to "OUT" port on 2 port Splitter.
  3. 2 Port Green Label Splitter
    1. "IN" Port - Power injector for Green Label DECA
    2. "OUT/Power bypass" Port - "Sat Rcvr/Power" on DECA
    3. "OUT" Port - to "Signal to IRD" port on SWM ODU Only Swim Box
  4. DECA Green Label
    1. Network Port - to router
    2. "SAT Rcvr/Power" Port - to "OUT/Power bypass" on 2 port Green Label Splitter
    3. "Towards LNB" Port - to HR24-500 in Room#3.
Right now Room#1 and Room#2 can see each other on Whole Home but have no internet. Room#3 can't see either of the other recievers on Whole Home but has internet. My question is how do connect all 3 recievers so they one another on Whole Home and all 3 recievers to have internet?

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can provide.

#4 is incorrect. The DECA adapter needs a power supply to incorporate internet into your whole home system. It must be connected directly to the SWiM splitter. Network port to router, Power port to power supply, Towards LNB port to splitter in unused port.

You can buy the power supply separately, or buy the internet connection kit from DirecTV or another retailer like solid signal. The kit includes the adapter and power supply.

I'm confused by the multitude of splitters. It seems like there only needs to be one four-way green label splitter and CCK can be connected to the receiver side of the SWM PI.

#4 is incorrect. The DECA adapter needs a power supply to incorporate internet into your whole home system. It must be connected directly to the SWiM splitter. Network port to router, Power port to power supply, Towards LNB port to splitter in unused port.

You can buy the power supply separately, or buy the internet connection kit from DirecTV or another retailer like solid signal. The kit includes the adapter and power supply.

The DECA does have it's own power supply. It's installed on #3 Splitter in the #1 "IN" port with the DECA connected on the same splitter in the #2 "OUT/Power Bypass" port.

If i understand your response correctly, all I need to do is move the Towards LNB port on the DECA from the HR24-500 in Room#3 and connect that to the unused port in the Swim Splitter then that should correct my problem. Thanks for your guys help it's much appreciated.

The DECA does have it's own power supply. It's installed on #3 Splitter in the #1 "IN" port with the DECA connected on the same splitter in the #2 "OUT/Power Bypass" port.

If i understand your response correctly, all I need to do is move the Towards LNB port on the DECA from the HR24-500 in Room#3 and connect that to the unused port in the Swim Splitter then that should correct my problem. Thanks for your guys help it's much appreciated.

I just moved the DECA, Towards LNB, to the open port on the Swim Splitter and it all works as intended now. Just wanted to say thank you to all who responded with advice. Thanks guys you rock .... now for some football.

Not necessarily. but you wouldn't know that, because you don't have DirecTV! Cost varies on customer and often how well they negotiate!
You can order it through your online account. If you have supported WHDS, it is relatively cheap and if you don't, it is about $50 more.

Check your offers and see what price it shows.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)