Please reply by conversation.

zmwp01

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 23, 2003
Tulsa, OK
I have a HR20-100 & 700
If I connect both to my network can I remove the phone connections?
Thank you in advance

D* still wants the phone line connected if you order PPV. The box will dial in and transmit any charges overnight. I haven't had mine connected to a phone line since I started over a year ago and have had no service interruption.

With the HR20/21 (possibly others) and recent software, an internet connection should handle PPV billing.

correct. an ethernet connection is enough for PPV billing. you don't need a phone line. i don't have a phone line. i use the ethernet connection. it's perfect

You really don't need either connections unless you use the somewhat new OnDemand. PPV can be done from DirecTV.com via user account with your PC which is free or by the calling them directly which costs $1.50 I think.

I don't use my phone lines for their boxes and haven't for over a decade.

You really don't need either connections unless you use the somewhat new OnDemand. PPV can be done from DirecTV.com via user account with your PC which is free or by the calling them directly which costs $1.50 I think.

I don't use my phone lines for their boxes and haven't for over a decade.

right but if you want to be able to use their vod you'll need the ethernet connection

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)