Internet Radio Coming to FIOS

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Yep, I came across this article earlier today. Offhand, it looks like the deployment will be limited to PCs and their multimedia DVRs. It sounds interesting, but I never listed to any of the Sirius music channels when they were on Dish Network and I rarely ever listen to the streaming internet radio stations on my TivoHD.

riffjim,

offtopic:

I built myself a pretty amazing HTPC for BD and ripping etc. Do you think the new 4 tuner ceton cable tuner will work with FIOS? Multi-Stream Tuner Cards by Ceton Ive read that thing is going to be around 399 bucks. In my mind I could completely eliminate TivoHD then.

I'm pretty sure it's available to all DVRs - not just the Home Media versions. You just need the upgraded Media Manager s/w on your PC. I've been using the radio feed. It works amazingly well - great sound quality, actually.

riffjim,

offtopic:

I built myself a pretty amazing HTPC for BD and ripping etc. Do you think the new 4 tuner ceton cable tuner will work with FIOS? Multi-Stream Tuner Cards by Ceton Ive read that thing is going to be around 399 bucks. In my mind I could completely eliminate TivoHD then.
I don't see why not. If it were up to me, I would have a HTPC...but it would never pass the WAF. As much as I love the Tivo, I am considering a Moxi.

I don't see why not. If it were up to me, I would have a HTPC...but it would never pass the WAF. As much as I love the Tivo, I am considering a Moxi.

I havent seen file transfer to PC worked out on Moxi yet. This weekend the first season of TrueBlood on HBO (12 episodes in HD) is getting burned to 3 BD's and placed in a 3 disc case. Caprica is another candidate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)