Internet Radio Coming to FIOS

Yep, I came across this article earlier today. Offhand, it looks like the deployment will be limited to PCs and their multimedia DVRs. It sounds interesting, but I never listed to any of the Sirius music channels when they were on Dish Network and I rarely ever listen to the streaming internet radio stations on my TivoHD.

riffjim,

offtopic:

I built myself a pretty amazing HTPC for BD and ripping etc. Do you think the new 4 tuner ceton cable tuner will work with FIOS? Multi-Stream Tuner Cards by Ceton Ive read that thing is going to be around 399 bucks. In my mind I could completely eliminate TivoHD then.

I'm pretty sure it's available to all DVRs - not just the Home Media versions. You just need the upgraded Media Manager s/w on your PC. I've been using the radio feed. It works amazingly well - great sound quality, actually.

riffjim,

offtopic:

I built myself a pretty amazing HTPC for BD and ripping etc. Do you think the new 4 tuner ceton cable tuner will work with FIOS? Multi-Stream Tuner Cards by Ceton Ive read that thing is going to be around 399 bucks. In my mind I could completely eliminate TivoHD then.
I don't see why not. If it were up to me, I would have a HTPC...but it would never pass the WAF. As much as I love the Tivo, I am considering a Moxi.

I don't see why not. If it were up to me, I would have a HTPC...but it would never pass the WAF. As much as I love the Tivo, I am considering a Moxi.

I havent seen file transfer to PC worked out on Moxi yet. This weekend the first season of TrueBlood on HBO (12 episodes in HD) is getting burned to 3 BD's and placed in a 3 disc case. Caprica is another candidate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts