Intoducing the new AM21N off-air tuner (from the "other" fourm)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Most of them were lobbed at me. I had the audacity to suggest that it wouldn't be that expensive to program the AM21 to scan. Now admittedly I know nothing about programming, but I was told it could cost hundreds of thousands of dollars to achieve. Then I was lambasted for thinking that those "few" customers that wanted the AM21 to scan should have that feature. The kicker was when I said they could at the least add the local channels to the database of available ota channels that Directv didn't carry. That went over like a lead balloon!

I don't know how you can spend a minute over there........they blow so much smoke up each others...well you know...........and you should be ashamed for questioning them!

Maybe I missed something but I saw a PDF with some pictures... it didn't even say how well it worked or didn't work. Guess they just looked at it and didn't bother to do a "First Test" ? I don't get it...I had to have missed a link to a review somewhere. Where is it?

I don't know how you can spend a minute over there........they blow so much smoke up each others...well you know...........and you should be ashamed for questioning them!

I've closed my membership there. They do some things well, but don't question them! :rolleyes:

On-topic, I am amazingly underwhelmed by this device. Unless there is a major upgrade on the tuner end (which wasn't anything to write home about on the HR20 or AM21), this is a yawn.

Until/If D* implements scanning for OTA channels, this is a terminally flawed "solution"

I coined a new nickname for that box that I am sure irked them.. the shAM-21

Keep calling it that and it'll get the reputation. It's always more funny when it's true.

You are now with Direct? Hope you are enjoying your sevice
Yep.. So far, so good. To some degree.
I had to jump ship from Dish after they took away SNY (the Mets RSN).
I just wish their OTA tuners could scan for channels instead of just assigning them by zip code. I know I am missing a couple of local low power channels that I used to get with the Dish OTA receivers.

I just wish their OTA tuners could scan for channels instead of just assigning them by zip code. I know I am missing a couple of local low power channels that I used to get with the Dish OTA receivers.
I wish they did too.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)