KE4EST

SatelliteGuys Is My Second Home
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
EM75xb
Sorry for the long wait guys, but honestly I had to test it to the limits. I don't like rushing a product out, just to find out it is full of bugs. I also sent a unit to Brian Gohl and let him put it through the ringer. I honestly could not find anything major wrong with this receiver, but we all know how that goes. Someone else will try something different than you and....
So I have been running one of these as my main receiver for over a month and same with Brian, finally he called me the other day and said he is very happy with this receiver. I said that is good to hear, as I am also.
I have came to learn over the years that Amiko usually does it right, they don't throw out a half ass receiver, then again they are not a China company pumping out units designed for the NA hacking market. Yes, they had a hiccup with the A3, but you have to admit they receiver was ahead of its time and it worked great for the most part, and when it works it does work.

So what is different with the HD265 over the RE or SE? Well for one it will decode H.265. They are not much up there in NA yet, but there are starting to be more. I don't even know of anything H.265 that is 24/7 other than the 4K feeds. No, this receiver will not do 4K or 4:2:2 before you ask. :D

It is running the newest ALi chip-set running at 800MHz, the RE and SE was 400MHz. It also has double the Flash Memory at 16MB and 256MG of DDR3 RAM.

I have 3 units listed up on eBay right now that I have in stock. I also have my website set for pre-orders. www.nc-electronics.com
It is a bit cheaper if you go to my site and order one, but remember this is for preorders, as I will not have another shipment in until the end of February(I hope sooner). Initially I did not order a whole lot. I only ordered a few units. Even though I did a lot of talking with Amiko beforehand and they swore up and down I would like this receiver, I still did not want to be stuck with a bunch if I found flaws with it, or something that could not be fixed.

Front.jpg

Rear.JPG

There is a 24/7 channel on 113w or 117w that is FTA, SD and H265. Sorry, i cannot be more specific. I remember testing it a couple months back.

Reactions: KE4EST
That's cool. Anybody know the stats Canel 11. Would love to know what they are able to save in bandwidth with 265.

I've ordered the new receiver, but I am wondering if I will have trouble with remote control confusion when I place it in the same area as my other Amiko sat receiver?

Well they do use the same remote and there is no way to change anything in the menu to distinguish between two different receivers.

Reactions: mc6809e
I've ordered the new receiver, but I am wondering if I will have trouble with remote control confusion when I place it in the same area as my other Amiko sat receiver?

That's what they invented cardboard for. Make a shield to put in front of the receiver you are not using at the time. It works for me.

Reactions: k.r.
I've had a few member contact me about my testing on this STB. Thought that I should post my findings for any of you who are interested in the unit. The mini HD 265 is a very good performing STB. The unit has been running 24/7 for six weeks now and has operated without a single issue.

The motor and switch control is flawless. No video stutter on NBC/ABC high bitrate feeds and the DVR has recorded every schedule. The higher speed CPU provides fast menu navigation and channel changes.

The mini HD 265 is a solid STB and I am recommending it for anyone asking for my opinion. No, I don't sell them, but I use it as my daily STB.

I've not clocked it, but I will when I get a chance. Gonna be a busy weekend so it may be next week.
Brian may beat me too it. :D

Has anyone measured the blind-scanning speed of the mini HD 265? I am mostly interested in hunting news feeds.
It took 2 minutes and 16 seconds to scan 97W Ku, on my setup here. This was on a dish on a USALS motor and it may be off a bit, I have not checked in sometime.
I will try and check in a few days and make sure dish is right on target and do one again. Still 2'16" isn't too bad.

It took 2 minutes and 16 seconds to scan 97W Ku, on my setup here. This was on a dish on a USALS motor and it may be off a bit, I have not checked in sometime.
I will try and check in a few days and make sure dish is right on target and do one again. Still 2'16" isn't too bad.

Especially considering 97W has something like 317 clear tv and radio channels. That's a lot to sort through.

Thanks for timing it -- very impressive scanning speed. If I remember correctly, the old Mini HD SE was about 6 minutes on 97W.

I don't remember it taking that long on the Org. SE, I will have to time that now, just out of curiosity. :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Latest posts