Introducing the Amiko Mini HD265

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I stuck one of these Huran 8 GB USB flash drives into the USB on the Amiko and it works great. Think it's OK to leave it connected 24/7 or should I disconnect it when not in use so it doesn't overload the USB power?

download.jpg

No this receiver does not do 4:2:2.

:( That is too bad! Strange that as streaming becomes more mainstream that they would drop it from this build. Didn't use it much on the previous models, but when I needed it, it was worth the weight in gold!!!

What even is bigtosmall?

Yes, it is their version of DLNA. I got an email back this morning, just have been busy today.
They said they are working on getting BIG2small coded for this chip-set. There is enough of a change they have to redo some things in the code.
So hopefully we will see its return on this box. :)

Yes, it is their version of DLNA. I got an email back this morning, just have been busy today.
They said they are working on getting BIGtosmall coded for this chip-set. There is enough of a change they have to redo some things in the code.
So hopefully we will see its return on this box. :)

Sounds like it could be pushed out in a future firmware update then?

Hopefully it doesn't quit working at random like it does on the Mini HD RE.

I prefer the way the Freesats do it, making the channels available via DLNA, or the way the Amiko Aliens do it, making the channels available in a web interface. Much more platform-independent.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Hopefully it doesn't quit working at random like it does on the Mini HD RE.

I prefer the way the Freesats do it, making the channels available via DLNA, or the way the Amiko Aliens do it, making the channels available in a web interface. Much more platform-independent.

DLNA is awesome. Great standard.

Status
Please reply by conversation.