Introduction to the LG BP730 Blu-ray Player - Review

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
lg-bp730-blu-ray-player-front-angled-lg.jpg

MSRP: $200 USD

The biggest way that LG tries to set the BP730 apart is with the Magic Remote. In my use I find it to be wonderful ergonomically but not offering much benefit over a regular remote. I like having buttons I can quickly access to use, and missing the Menu and Eject buttons is a problem for me. Having the cursor usually doesn't provide much benefit and there is no way to disable it. If it was only enabled for on-screen keyboards I would be happy with it, but not for just watching a movie.

I also find the absence of Amazon Instant Video hard to overlook. More and more people have Amazon Prime accounts and utilize the free streaming that subscription provides. There is also a lot of paid content people buy through Amazon and want to watch through their Blu-ray player, but can't on the LG BP730. I have heard it is coming this week as I write this but have not seen it appear on my review unit yet.

Link

Id still keep LG on the bottom of my blu-ray player list.

True.

Both have had problems with after sale firmware support, and the LG's have been known to have accuracy issues even in normal modes, or at least they vary from the more main stream players.

I still recommend Panasonic first, Sony close second and Oppo if thats what you need. I would not touch a Sharponeer either.

Yep. IMHO LG and Samsung at the bottom. But I put Sony off the list, due to bad experience with Sony products. My lead player is an OPPO, for its ability to play SACD and DVD- Audio discs. But I admit it does not handle fast searching as well as other players. Minor trade off. My PS3 still does a great job with BDs.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts