Invacom announces the CP/LP LNBF

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PSB

On vacation
Original poster
Nov 5, 2003
Receive Dish Network / DirecTV and FTA Channels with one LNBF!

Available March, 2005

Invacom announces another first in LNB development and products, the CP/LP LNBF.

One LNBF provides simultaneous reception of both linear and circular polarized signals with an incredible .3 noise figure and 60dB gain! The Quad output design allows for twin switched output of the linear signals and twin switched output of the circular signals. Receive both types of satellites with one LNBF. No more hassles of off-setting a 2nd LNBF!

Ideal for motorized dishes. Perfect for fixed dish reception of DirecTV and AMC4.

You will not find a more ideal LNBF for the reception of Dish Network and DirecTV in fringe signal areas. An incredible low noise and high gain LNBF for Dish Network and DirecTV. Compare the .3 dB noise figure and 60dB gain typical specification to a standard circular LNBF with a .7-.9 / 55. LO stability is rated a typical +/- 1mHz! This LNBF will out perform any circular DSS LNBF on the market!

Designed to integrate seamlessly with Dish Network, DirecTV and MPEG2 DVB-S FTA switches and receivers. The circular DSS LO frequency is standard 11250 and linear FSS LO frequency is 10750.

Why buy a CP/LP LNBF?

One LNBF provides reception of all satellites types in a motorized system.

One LNBF provides simltaneous reception of CP and LP satellites in one orbital position for up to 4 receivers.

One LNBF provides reception to both your DVB-S FTA, Dish Network and DirecTV receivers.
Input Frequency FSS Band (Linear) 11.7 - 12.2 GHz

DSS Band (Circular) 12.2 - 12.7 GHz

Output Frequency FSS 950 -1450 MHz
DSS 950 -1450 MHz

Noise Figure 0.3 dB typical

Gain 60 dB typical

Gain Ripple 26 MHz bandwidth <+/- 0.5 dB
FSS <5 dB typical
DSS <5 dB typical

LO Frequency FSS 10.75 GHz
DSS 11.25 GHz

LO Phase Noise 1 KHz -65 dBc/Hz typical
10 KHz -95 dBc/Hz typical
100 KHz -110 dBc/Hz typical

LO Stability +/- 1 MHz typical

Isolation FSS Cross Polar Isolation >30 dB
DSS Cross Polar Isolation >23 dB

Two Tone 3rd Order Intercept Point >10 dBm

Output Connector 4x female F-type
Impedance 75 Ohm
Return Loss >10dB

Operating Temperature Range -40 to +70 deg. C
Storage Temperature Range -40 to +70 deg. C

Band Polarization

Ports 1 and 3 (FSS Linear)
Vertical 11.5 - 14vdc
Horizontal 15.5 - 19vdc
Ports 2 and 4 (DSS Circular) Right 11.5 - 14vdc
Left 15.5 - 19vdc

Spurious 1000/ 500 MHz <-65dBm

Output Gain Difference (26 MHz bandwidth) <6dB

Mechanical Off-set Design
F/D 0.65

40 mm Feedhorn Throat Mount

http://www.invacom.com/documents/ProvisionalQuadpolardatasheetwhite.pub.pdf

http://www.invacom.com/

This would be great for two things: If someone had a motorized dish or if the satellite companies had both an FSS and DBS satellite at the same orbital slot. This would be a great solution for Dish Network if they done such a thing wanting to do DBS and FSS with one lnbf which may help reduce the size of the dishes in some cases.

Looks like March, not:
"Available from Invacom distributors mid June 2005"
Like to see what they gonna sell for :)

I think they are talking around $100 retail, so it will not be for the faint of heart! But if it works, it may well become a must have LNBF!

What would be really sweet...

What would be really sweet, at least for some users, would be this LNB with a built-in 4 port DiSEqC switch, and only a single cable output. Only one cable back to the receiver (without putting a DiSEqC switch out in the elements). :)

I am not sure how many outputs but the switch will be internal. I think they have put back the launch to coincide with the Big satellite Expo. Can't Wait!

When someone finds who is retailing it please post it in this forum. Sounds like a must have for me! Noise Figure 0.3 dB typical Gain 60 dB typical, I like that

I'd like to try one to see how it performs etc.
Coming from Invacom it's probably a great LNB, it's just a shame there's nothing on DBS worth buying one for (IMO).

I wonder how they're switching elements, my guess is they'll have 2 encased at the end of the throat.

Does anyone feel like trudging through 600000000 pages of patents to find out more about this thing?

John Walsh said:
I am a certified Beta tester courtesy of E* so I am not afraid

You and millions of others.

Here's the low down ...... Limited availabilty for reviews and retailer testing of product run in May. General sales release in June.

Four outputs, two Circular / 2 Linear - voltage switched polarity to integrate with Multi-switches. 0.3 NR / 60 dB Typical Gain, Suppressed harmonics, less than 1 MHz max. drift. Available in LNB and LNBF models.

The term Typical ( I also LOVE that technical word .... LOL) in the case of Invacom, LNBs are shipped with an individual test data sheet compiled at the factory showing the test results and the performance of your LNBF so you know what you are buying!

A decision was made early on not to produce a product with elements that might limit the application. While the a single output LNBF sounds good, incorporating an external switch allows a wider variety of receivers to recognize the LNB(f) and switch types to be choosen to meet specific installation requirements.

Suggested retail will be less than $100.

Photos will be posted to this forum in a few days.... With and without plastics.

Testing is complete! A factory run unit will be made available for an Invacom sponsored contest on Satelliteguys.us before it is available for resale. Stay tuned for announcements on the drawing!

Quite the incredible unit. Love not having to figure the lnbf offset using a USALS cofiguration!

A product review will be posted along with the existing product information on a US distributor's website during the next week.

Status
Please reply by conversation.