Invacom QPH-031, 90 cm dish trubles

Status
Please reply by conversation.

satdxing

Original poster
Jun 12, 2007
usa
I do SWLing and thought satdxing would be a great additon to my hobby so I brought a Invacom QPH-031 lnb, 90cm dish and a rotor too. My son
who is a surveryor put up my dish for me. He tried to setup the signal
with a signal meter on galazy 3 at 95west and amc 5 at 75 west and evrything in between them and the only signal that would show up was
for nimiq at 82 west and nimiq at 91 west. Any ideas why the other sats
wont show up? There is a desque switch inbetween the lnb and the rotor
he put one wire from the L and one wire from the C on the lnb to the
desque switch. I am about ready to stich with shortwave radios but i
figure it must be something simple. thanks for your help

I would remove the switch and hook the cable from the receiver to the L side of the LNB...G3 & AMC5 are linear satellites so you need that side.

LNB LO is 10750 on those satellites (in the menu settings on the reicever there should be an option for that)

Hi
Thanks for your reply! I have read many many of your achived posts by googling about FTA receivers and stuff and actually reading your posts was the reason I decided to join. Very much information was to me heplful. Well Brad (my son) did what you said and first doing the L it would not pick up nothing , just shows quality from 65 to around 80 but no strenght using the L, not even on 91west.
are there any FTA sats that we should pick up on the R? do you thnk
the L on the lnb is bad or what. Thanks

Hello

update, Brad manula moved the antena some while working with amc8 89 west and picked up a nbc feed for a moment then quit again so this must
have been a wildfeed i guess. there is nothing on it now but i guess that means the L is working for that was on 10750. it the antena not set up
good or what? it rotors to 91w and 82 w OK but we picked up the 89west
better at 91west rotor set than at the 89 west rotor set but it did say
unknown sat so not sure that it was amc8 at 89west either. I hate to sound dumb but i could use any ideas. Thank you again to all

Sounds like the motor might not be set properly to true south. There is a helpful page for setting up motorized dishes here:

How to install an HH-Mount Motor? Satcontrol SM3D12 STAB HH100 HH120 Motech SG2100

After you assemble and set the dish and motor elevation, use the USALS setting in the receiver to enter your latitude and longitude. Motor to a satellite close to due south and then peak your dish/motor assembly azimuth. You might also have to peak your dish elevation a bit (gently push the dish up and down a bit with your hand to see if the signal quality increases).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts