Invacom QPH-031 LNBF Max Size Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

FTABman0

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 13, 2006
Lat 39.2°N WV Lo 81.5°W
Well it looks like I am told from a FTA equipment dealer & reseller in Florida that I can not use my Invacom QPH-031 LNBF on a 120 CM dish! I am looking to upgrade this summer from my 80 CM Fortec Star to a larger dish and that is what I was told! I have read here where members have used the QPH-031 LNBF on 120 CM dishes and worked fine. The guy told me that on an 80 CM, yes, 90 CM OK, 100 CM pushing it, 120 CM he said no way! According to him that is too big a “Prime Focus” or the dish is too wide to focus the signal for that size! Prime Focus! Sounds like I am trying the C band out for KU! So I forgot about buying from this guy for it does not seem he knows what the FTA he is talking about! So, I will run this by the Satellite Guys! Now, I remember that one member (I think PSB in 2006. Yes! PSB, see his pictures of an Invacom on his 90 CM! http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-ai...question-about-set-up-invacaom-qph-031-a.html) responded to my question 2 years ago about a 90 CM and had pictures! What is some of the guy’s take on this subject? I thought man; I know I read people who have this Invacom on their 120 CM dishes here in the Forums! It might have been motor sizes i read but not sure! Clue us in guy's! Any using a Invacom on a dish larger than 90 CM? Any problems or can it be done? Sadoun guy’s, maybe you can answer this one since I am sure I saw pictures or read from your site about the 120 CM working with the QPH-031 or thought I did! For the guy’s that don’t know (like me!) what motor would be best with this size of dish or maybe post the size dishes with possible working LNBS and also motor suggestions! Iceberg jump in here anytime! If it can be done I am sure Berg’s done it! 90 CM or bigger would solve the weight of the Invacom issue on single LNB dish arms for the bigger dishes above the standard 80 CM Fortec Star for example have LNB arm side brackets that support the LNB arm. Jump in here guy’s love to hear your input!

:eureka Motor suggestions on the Moteck Digipower SG2100 dish size limit and HH Stab or any other motor models; anyone using the Moteck set up on a bigger dish and thinks it works great or could use a bigger motor? Suggestions on dish sizes and the best motor to use for that size is what I am grabbing at here.

:eureka Any good suggestions on the use of other LNB’S? Digiwave makes a L/C one; I have one but never tried it out yet. What are the ones you guy’s are using just for the linear side?

:D I think the Fortec Star FSKU-V worked great when I first got set up! It says, just like the Invacom that it has a noise figure of 0.3 and is for linear use only! It weighs about as much as a matchbox car! Nice and light would be perfect to use on a single stationary system!

:mad: I might add that this Florida guy told me that his receivers come pre-flashed not from the factory but by him! Guess we know what that means! NOT A TRUE AUTHORIZED RETAILER! I told him had plenty of boxes just looking for bigger sized dish! Sadoun, looks like I am paying you a visit sometime late spring or summer!

:confused: Just got the email back from that honest FTA Dealer about dish sizes he sold an thought I would share that information!

:) THE END of another question! Again guy’s have a great weekend!
:)

The Invacom will work on a 1.2 Meter offset dish, it will not work on BUD (prime focus dish).

Sorry for the small response, I am aligning my C-Band LNB so if no body else replies I will get back to you later.

I have the quad invacom an a 36" now but had it on a 1 meter Winegard for a while and it worked fine. I think that guy is full of it, doesn't know prime focus from offset. I like the Invacom, I had it on a dish with no support arms and it did sag a bit and lost signal, I would get a dish with the arms if you wanted to use the invacom, it is heavy.

Satellite AV worked with Invacom to design and produce the QPH-031. I can assure you that it will work perfectly with an 1.2M offset dish. We sold several hundred to a company in the Caribbean who used them on 1.8M and 2.4M offset dishes.

If you use a Prime Focus dish, purchase the QPF-031 with the adjustable feedhorn / scaler.

Time to purchase from a reputable FTA reseller!

PRIME FOCUS!

Hey guys! I knew you would get a kick from the “Prime Focus” reference! After reading the email I got from this guy I knew that he had not a clue what he was talking about! He just wanted to sell me another receiver! Clearly this dude thinks that all dishes are alike when gathering signals! Did not take me long to disregard that email! I must say, the Prime Focus thing put a smile on my face!! It is not a wonder how so many people have problems with installs with people like that! Now if I was brand new to this he most likely would have sold me a C band 10 foot BUD to get my G 10R K RTN’s! People like that are just plain dangerous! Thanks so much for the replies, and they were quick enough qwert1515!
I was out tweaking my set up also today!

I knew I was right though and thought I would run that by the exerts here and for a good laugh! Clearly he knows nothing about satellite systems! I am gong to say all satellite systems not just FTA! I will go a bigger dish this summer and I really appreciate the help here on the forums!

They are always fast, and you guys break down the questions where you leave doubt in the can! I respect all of you and your help!

Ice, here in West Virginia we don’t see those old PRIMESTAR Dishes too much. I remember about 6 years ago I saw kids going down the hill on one in the winter time! I had one about the time they pulled out of DBS and gave it away! There is one guy a neighborhood back from me that still has one in his yard that looks like its pointed square middle of his neighbor’s house! I know the signals reflect off the top of these dishes and bounce into the LNBF.

Glad to know Satellite AV on as big as a 2.4M! You guys must be proud to have helped with an outstanding product! My Invacom has not let me down yet almost 3 years strong! I now will try it on a bigger dish! Thanks for the Information! I am sure not only myself wanted to know that question!

I too Starman agree that the Florida “Authorized Dealer” was just plain off his meds today! I also right now have my Invacom on a Fortec Star 80 CM with just the LNB support arm, no brackets and I never had a problem with the weight! We have strong winds here in the Mid-Ohio Valley especially me were I am and It has always stayed on the arc! I have never once had to re-align anything so far! It’s been up for 3 years now.

I want to thank everyone that posted quick replies, you guys are gold!

I will check back periodically to see new posts and opinions! I love reading them all!

Have A Good One Guys!

Last edited:
Primestar Sled!

Kids these days don't know the value of anything! :eek: That's just WRONG :mad: ......

:) Tron, that made me chuckle!

Thanx for that......... :D
It really was not the dish that made me stop and watch these kids, I stopped to see how and the world could you use the back of one of these dishes to sled down hills! If you remember, the back of the old Primers were pretty rough! I waited till the got to the bottom of the hill and saw that their father put sheet metal on the back of it! He just made it really slick on the back side! These kids were going down hills in my town better on that and faster than a bought sled! It was a site to see! I bet that dish is still around!

:eureka If only Primestar would have thought of that, they could have made thousands of dollars on that idea!

:eek: Now, I wonder how many people will try this now?!?

:eureka I guess it would make a killer skate board too if you put the appropriate trucks on it! The Primestar Mod!

:) Any moderators reading this should ban talk of this sort and ban the users for life! It is just wrong! LOL, ! What offensive talk! :) !

:D Defacing a satellite dish should be the same penalty as defacing money! It should be a Federal Offence with very stiff fines and at least a couple years in jail for the first offence! These guys’s need to learn a lesson! :D

:rolleyes: Could you see a 80 CM 0r bigger sled! :eek: I’ll stop there, just encouraging it!

:( I had one of those Primestars given to me years ago; it sat under the house for years. When I moved from Direct to Dish I sold all my Direct equipment and gave that Primestar Dish with the sale! This was about or over 10 years ago! Long before I found out about FTA! :(

:mad: I wish I kept it now, I just thought that it was useless you know.

What we knew then is what we whished we know now. I will most likely run into another one someday!

Anyway Tron, have a great weekend what's left of it!

:usa We here in the Mid-Ohio Valley has 78 degrees
At 4:08 PM + overcast skies
Sunshine right now with a very nice breeze going!

:D Too nice to stay inside so see ya guys

can anybody confirm that in fact the invacom can work with 2.4m offset with improved results. I used one LNBF on 2.4m prodelin and it gives me approximatively same result as 1.2m.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)