Invacom Universal

Status
Please reply by conversation.

benxide

Original poster
Jun 17, 2007
Hey guys, what happens to an invacom when it is at a location where both circular and linear signals are available? Does it receive both signals and output them both?

There are several different models of Invacom products. A Universal type LNBF only receives linear polarity signals, so you probably are referring to the QPH 031 (Quad Polar) LNBF.

If an Invacom QPH 031 is aimed at a location that has both circular and linear signals, the linear polarity signals will be outputted on the L outputs and the circular polarity signals will be outputted on the C outputs.

A more confusing issue is the linear side lnbf will pick up the circular signals albeit at a low quality level. When I blindscan Galaxy 11 with my Buzz receiver( which always scans 11000Mhz - 12900 Mhz, takes a long time) invariably I pick up the Nimiq1 channels and tp's, which screws up the tp table and gives me something to do( deleting the bogus tp's ) . Typicaly I try to manually halt the scan at 12200, and then scan the opposite polarity, but if I'm distracted I get that extra work.
:)

Basically, if you have the invacom quad, you need to load two satellites for that location in to the receiver... one set to 11250 and the other to 10750... and blind scan both as two seperate satellites since they are looking at different things.

MAy I also clarify that the QPH031 has a STANDARD linear lnbf and not a UNIVERSAL linear LNBF as the tiltle of this thread may imply.

The Single output Invacom SNH031 lnbf is a UNIVERSAL LNBF.

Basically, if you have the invacom quad, you need to load two satellites for that location in to the receiver... one set to 11250 and the other to 10750... and blind scan both as two seperate satellites since they are looking at different things.
So is this the basics of the quad invacom?
11250=dbs
10750=fta

I am having a hard time figuring which to set on my invacom.
So - say I was to scan for an FTA satellite. It would be best to set the receiver up for a strong transponder and then set the lnb to 10750?
Thanks,
-phil

So is this the basics of the quad invacom?
11250=dbs
10750=fta

I am having a hard time figuring which to set on my invacom.
So - say I was to scan for an FTA satellite. It would be best to set the receiver up for a strong transponder and then set the lnb to 10750?
Thanks,
-phil

11250 = DBS circular birds (12.2-12.7 band)
10750 = linear KU birds (11.7-12.2 band)

Let me hammer this home.
The circular and the linear transmissions are on different bands (frequency ranges).
So they don't interfere with each other.

emphasis added.

Let me hammer this home.
The circular and the linear transmissions are on different bands (frequency ranges).
So they don't interfere with each other.
Thanks guys. This has been of some confusion to me up until now.
I wondered how I had it pointed right at the satellite and didn't get ANY signal.
When I changed the settings, it almost maxed out!
Thanks!
-phil

Phil, we had it set wrong the whole time!!!!!!! I wondered about that too.
No wonder we weren't picking anything up!
I took the motor off and decided I would learn how to manually locate satellites first - and then try to set up a motor later.
Now I am getting confident that maybe I can set this thing up now.
Just gotta find that damn AMC3!
Thank you for your help on Sunday Charles (turbosat)!
Even though we didn't get it up and running - you showed me an awful lot for me being such a newbie!
It really helps to have a person with satellite experience to actually show you things instead of trying to get the idea across in a forum.
-phil

Hope it was enough to get you going! I think with that tripod, you can get the feel for finding a few sats manually, then maybe match wits with that motor, lol

qph 031 not being universal really only keeps you from seeing one satellite in the arc that's visible from North America, 58w I think, but you don't really need that satellite since the channels it shows are actually also on 30w... and all you need for 30w is a standard.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)