Invest in 4k display?

I take his comment to mean he won't upgrade to an 8K TV simply because it's an 8K TV. When I replaced our TV, getting a "smart" TV wasn't on my list of "requirements" but I found one I liked, it got good reviews, the price was right, so I considered the "smart" part just a freebie.

Reactions: Foxbat
I take his comment to mean he won't upgrade to an 8K TV simply because it's an 8K TV. When I replaced our TV, getting a "smart" TV wasn't on my list of "requirements" but I found one I liked, it got good reviews, the price was right, so I considered the "smart" part just a freebie.
I took it to mean that he would skip 4K and wait until 8K is available.

I have experience with both. The Sony 850c series is a good move. I have installed the Samsung pieces but I'm not a fan of the separate media box on the back.

The Sony does and incredible job with Dish Net and Direct Tv. I have not done an install with a cable box.

The Sony in my go to TV. It does everything it has promised and then some. What I would be careful of is your choice of a quality HDMI cable. Look at the new standards and choice this cable with a clear and open mind. Money does not get you the best . Honest !!!

I don't know your setup. Please try and share it with us. There is a standard for HDMI cables and you should follow it. Your wanting quality electronics just be sure to use the better cables.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh man thanks for the feedback! I get all of my cables for BlueJeans Cables.

As far as my setup. I just have a older dish box with plans to upgrade to a hopper/super Joey or hopper/hopper after the new TV.

I'll also prob pick up either budget Yamaha sound bar or spring for a Klipsch.

Media playback will be through a AppleTV and a PS4.

I have experience with both. The Sony 850c series is a good move. I have installed the Samsung pieces but I'm not a fan of the separate media box on the back.

The Sony does and incredible job with Dish Net and Direct Tv. I have not done an install with a cable box.

The Sony in my go to TV. It does everything it has promised and then some. What I would be careful of is your choice of a quality HDMI cable. Look at the new standards and choice this cable with a clear and open mind. Money does not get you the best . Honest !!!

I don't know your setup. Please try and share it with us. There is a standard for HDMI cables and you should follow it. Your wanting quality electronics just be sure to use the better cables.

Couldn't agree more about the Sony. I've got a XBR-55X850C and it looks great!

I have experience with both. The Sony 850c series is a good move. I have installed the Samsung pieces but I'm not a fan of the separate media box on the back...

Huh? The media box is just an optional source of 4k content, available for purchase or thrown in as a freebie promotion.

Pat M. Sorry, I miss quoted. They use a One Connect Box . This thing is about 4x10 and you plug your HDMI cables into it, then they have a small Samsung cable that plugs into the back of the TV. Kind of like the older Pioneer Elite stuff.

Our 1st one was bad out of the box and it took Samsung 3 weeks to replace it.

JSheridan, I couldn't agree more on the 55 inch C850 series. Everything we have used works great.

It's my go to set right now.

Mike

The way I understand it movie theaters are using 4K now,so I you want a display like the movie theaters you invest in a 4K display.
I can see the difference between 4K and 1080p and I am sitting 15' away from my 4K UHDTV.
What size is your tv screen? I've heard you need at least 60" or greater to see any difference between 1080p and 4k.

I don't understand the size issue, as isn't it the amount of pixels, and lines that make up the picture quality display?

I don't understand the size issue, as isn't it the amount of pixels, and lines that make up the picture quality display?
Yes, but the same amount of pixels put in a smaller area makes any difference harder to see.

I will say that I can notice it on a 50" pretty easily. Thats at a close distance though.

So 50" makes a difference , I might be actually invest in a 4k the next time I replace my 50"hdtv. Just replaced my tv last month with a Phillips hdtv for a good picture out of the box.

The way I look at it, we are probably two years away from wide spread 4K content. I can live without 4K for that long without losing sleep. I think(could well be wrong) we are fast approaching the 4K price curve cliff. If I were buying today I'd probably go HD, and in a year or two buy 4K. Would likely have both TVs for less than 4K's price today, and a bedroom or kid's TV gets upgraded/upsized in the process.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
So 50" makes a difference , I might be actually invest in a 4k the next time I replace my 50"hdtv. Just replaced my tv last month with a Phillips hdtv for a good picture out of the box.
To some people it MIGHT. No one can give a hard number or TV size that is definitive. As always, YOUR eyes are THE final, deciding factor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)