ION TV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RT-Cat

"My person-well trained"
Original poster
May 30, 2011
Cold, Cold,Michigan USA
Since I am leaving Dish June 1st, I am looking for other TV sources. I can pick up ION TV on AMC-1 103 on 3840H. Several channels play great. But the only one that shows up in HD is Pacific-HD time zone. The others are all SD. But Lyngsat shows ION East-HD on 4040H. I can not pick up anything from 4040H. Not even a blip..........Can anyone pick up ION HD from 4040H on 103?........................RT

i cant speak on the ion channels, but if u leave dish, they will suddenly offer some neat deals and free stuff to keep u on. if u do depart, then the real good deals and freebies roll in.

if u do depart, then the real good deals and freebies roll in.

Which begs the question of why they didn't give the "freebies" away to begin with?? AND, if he takes said freebies then I'd bet a contract goes with it and he'll still be paying for TV in the end!;)

FTA is free last time I checked and OTA is a good fill in also. ION TV is also available locally to me via OTA antenna.

That 4040 TP on 103 comes in with 73% Q here in central Virginia on my Winegard system using the Openbox S9. If I can remember I'll check it with my SAMI system that's out in the shop tomorrow.

i cant speak on the ion channels, but if u leave dish, they will suddenly offer some neat deals and free stuff to keep u on. if u do depart, then the real good deals and freebies roll in.
DTV is offering me $19.95/mo for three years, Cable is down to $79.95/mo (net, phone,tv), Dish hasn't made me sweet offers lately. But my cord is cut!! No TV bills!

We dropped Dish in January and will never look back. The channels we receive via FTA, Roku, Netflix and OTA fill our programming needs just fine. We couldn't be happier.

Just checked and I got that 4040 feed on my 7.5ft SAMI using an S9 and it's showing me 60/70% Q but is bouncing. I can view that East-HD channel OK though.

But Lyngsat shows ION East-HD on 4040H. I can not pick up anything from 4040H. Not even a blip..........Can anyone pick up ION HD from 4040H on 103?.

On an appropriate sized dish (at least 8') not a problem! Every dish I have 8' or larger gets both ION muxes fine.

If you are using a 4' or 6' dish, you get what you pay for (i.e. don't expect everything since you can't defeat physics).

You got that right! They offered me 9 months free then back to what I was paying and a two year contract. I still need the cash, so, I said no.
On an appropriate sized dish (at least 8') not a problem! Every dish I have 8' or larger gets both ION muxes fine.

If you are using a 4' or 6' dish, you get what you pay for (i.e. don't expect everything since you can't defeat physics).
Well, good for you. It is a 10 foot winegard perf not some cheapo. It picks up tons of channels, just not 4040 on 103. Thanks for all the information from all.............RT

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)