iOS 4.3 soon to be released

TheForce

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2003
Jacksonville, FL, Earth
Started hearing rumors on this latest release along with the iPAD2 soon to be officially announced.

What interested me with the iOS 4.3 is the wifi 5 spot addition for iphone 4 turning the iphone into a wifi hotspot which will be released for both AT&T and Verizon iphones.

The wifi capability is a major step to me personally getting an iphone 5. But I need it to be LTE as well and then my purchase is in the bag. I will finally convert.

I will go to the iPhone 5 from my Sprint Evo if it supports LTE / 4G.

I'm honestly not expecting LTE/4G support with the next iPhone release. I imagine Apple will defer a year, like they did with the lack of 3G in the Original iPhone. Next year, 4G networks nationwide will be more robust and it'll be one extra year to improve the battery technology in response the increased demands of a 4G connection. I do however expect the next iPhone to be universal (both GSM and CDMA compatible). It makes more sense to just produce one model and not two different models (the the reports show that the current Verizon iPhone already has the chip to be compatible with both systems.

This is not to say that I would not be pleasantly surprised to be proven wrong on this; I'm just not holding my breath.

Maybe not but it might be heading to the day when jailbreaking is unnecessary except to run aps that fails Apple standards.

I'm honestly not expecting LTE/4G support with the next iPhone release.
So what do you think Apple plans to do with all those Qualcom multiband chips on contract? Store them in the basement to get a hedge on inflation for 2012 iphone 6 ? :D Verizon is very big on LTE this year and I suspect ALL new phones will be required to meet the LTE offering. AT&T is also trying to keep up. Also, when asked, Tim Cook of Apple said they would not release the LTE dual chip modems in the first Verizon Iphone since it required too many changes for the iphone4. Verizon requested an early sales intro of the iphone rather than wait for the regular release of iphone 5. Therefore they went with the 6600 Qualcom chip that supports CDMA as well as HSPA+ GSM.

Last edited:
With all of this talk of the so-called "iPhone Nano" it would NOT surprise me if we don't see a 4G iPhone this year (double negative alert: would surprise me if we do...). Perhaps an iPhone 4+ this summer, a global phone (CDMA/GSM) with the NFC technology, along with the "make lines around the corner" big news being the low cost mini-iphone.

Wonder if AT&T would let us use the wi-fi hotspot feature with the unlimited data plan at no extra charge?

They will require the tether plan which requires one of their limited data plans. Jailbreak while on 4.2.1 and use MyWi. It works great!