IOS 6 available now

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Unfortunately I won't be getting this update! :(

I have an original iPad and no good reason to upgrade from it... :)
Seems like a bit of an F-U to iPad 1 users that they wouldn't release the upgraded OS to them. They release it for the 3GS but not the iPad..

JamesJ said:
Go get it!

Cool I'll try now

Edit: It's downloading for me right now. It's moving pretty slow due to everyone trying to get it at once. I'm doing my update through iTunes. Did you do yours directly on the phone or through iTunes?

Last edited:
Unfortunately I won't be getting this update! :(

I have an original iPad and no good reason to upgrade from it... :)

Hmmm. It's wearing off. I'll be sending you a small package in the mail. Chill it in the refrigerator for best effect. Drink it, it's nice and sweet and flavorful. You'll be feeling MUCH better soon after.
iPad 3, iPad 3, iPad 3. ;)

I see it available on mine OTA but I'm gonna wait until I get home and do it through iTunes for a couple of reasons. Our internet connection is AWFUL slow vs what I have at home and even though I did a backup two nights ago and it syncs every night I want to do one final backup before updating.

Can you download the iOS 6 update in iTunes without your iPhone plugged in?

No need to launch iTunes to download iOS updates. Here is a good site where you can download all the iOS ipsw files. Store them wherever you like, use the shift key when updating and you can specify which file to use.

http://www.icj.me/ios/

Cool I'll try now

Edit: It's downloading for me right now. It's moving pretty slow due to everyone trying to get it at once. I'm doing my update through iTunes. Did you do yours directly on the phone or through iTunes?
half and half (ipads and iphones) some failed, some went through

Mine went through from iTunes. It was a pretty painless process overall. Everyone make sure to get your backups saved before the iPhone 5s show up.

Downloaded OTA. Took about 30 mins. Web Browser seems quicker (don't we all say this when getting new firmware/software).
The top where the time and battery is changed colors from dark black to a lighter color when browsing.

Took about 20 minutes thru Itunes. You have to have 2.5 gb of free space on the device to do it OTA. I only had 2 so had to go thru Itunes. Device does seem quicker on the transitions. Moving around the maps is fast. New look to the app store. I have several app updates to do now.

So far the best feature for me is the new podcast app. Finally I can subscribe and auto download the newest episodes directly from the iPhone. No more syncing every night only to listen to my daily shows a day late.

Started the download on my iPad (OTA) at lunch time. When I got home later, the update was done and everything was where it was supposed be.

The shared photo stream is really cool. I'm liking that feature. My brother set up a folder to add his photos of his 9 month old so my parents and myself can see instantly!

Not liking the maps. It is having trouble finding my house! lol

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

sethwell said:
The shared photo stream is really cool. I'm liking that feature. My brother set up a folder to add his photos of his 9 month old so my parents and myself can see instantly!

Not liking the maps. It is having trouble finding my house! lol

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I haven't had a chance to play with that one yet. How does it work exactly? How do you pick who to share with? Do you have to know their apple id?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)