IOS 6 available now

I had heard about the Millennium Park in Chicago. It seems Apple's 3D mapping textures on to altitude data leaves a little to be desired. There's a mirrored-glass skyscraper about three or four blocks west of Navy Pier that looks like it was visited by the Martian's Heat Ray. (I was going to say the Melty Man, but one must never mention his name out loud ;))

Attachments

• IMG_0004.jpg
    IMG_0004.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_0005.jpg
    IMG_0005.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 167
I had heard about the Millennium Park in Chicago. It seems Apple's 3D mapping textures on to altitude data leaves a little to be desired. There's a mirrored-glass skyscraper about three or four blocks west of Navy Pier that looks like it was visited by the Martian's Heat Ray. (I was going to say the Melty Man, but one must never mention his name out loud ;))

That kind of looks like the Pritzker Pavillion. AND I just loaded it up on my phone, and it looks totally fine. Seems like people are being a bit too picky. Looking at the loop and Michigan Avenue, I'd say they got it pretty good. Sure, the glass on the Trump tower looks a little funky, but the buildings sure are identifiable, and accurate.

Personally, I can't stand the 3-D modeling in any of the maps. And find it is distracting when trying to use, particularly when its more than a generic building shape. But that's just me... :)

Scott Greczkowski said:
Hit enter once or twice in your message and the Send button will light up. :)

It's not just the Send button. I am unable to edit the message I just typed in, and when I post a short message I often end up with just my signature posted. Definitely a compatibility issue with iOS 6.

Sent from my iPad 3 using SatelliteGuys

This is the first time I have never wanted to update my phone to the newest iOS. In the past I eagerly waited until a JB came out so I can update. Now I don't care if one comes out because I don't want to update.

When a JB is available there will be probably be decent workarounds. But I am always leery of OS upgrades. i know amny that just accept what apple gives them but I would prefer that someone else discovers the bugs.

Neutron said:
Has anyone noticed the volume is quieter in the music app?

I haven't noticed really. I did just use the music app to check and noticed that depending on how loud you leave the volume in the app that after you close it then lock your phone, the lock sound is the same volume. I don't recall that sound's volume changing back on my old iPhone with iOS 5.x. I guess it's a bug or something.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Edit: odd, just checked again and now it stays loud. Hmmm, strange.

Geronimo said:
When a JB is available there will be probably be decent workarounds. But I am always leery of OS upgrades. i know amny that just accept what apple gives them but I would prefer that someone else discovers the bugs.

I agree. But with my 3GS becoming unreliable, I need to take the chance. But I can't say I've had any of the concerns I'd have if it was a new MS product.

Untethered JB is out for older bootroom phones. I just updated my 3GS to iOS 6.0 and JB. Nothing new with iOS6. Main reason for doing the update is to restore it so it runs faster again.

rockymtnhigh said:
Does that include the 4 or 4S, or just the 3GS?

To my knowledge, current iOS 6 jailbreak status:
3GS - untethered
4- tethered
4S or 5- not currently available

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)