Ip Settings HR24 DVR?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Poke

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
OK
A friend of mine was looking at switching over from Dish to Direct but he was wanting to know if you can give the HR24 a Static IP?? I just let my Wifi router automatically assign one to my DVR and HD receiver and told my friend I have honesty never tried to so I thought I would ask my Satelliteguy Friends. :)

A friend of mine was looking at switching over from Dish to Direct but he was wanting to know if you can give the HR24 a Static IP?? I just let my Wifi router automatically assign one to my DVR and HD receiver and told my friend I have honesty never tried to so I thought I would ask my Satelliteguy Friends. :)

Yes, you can assign static IPs. I do it for my receivers.

So I guess you would just go into the network settings and assign it the static IP you want??

Yes, you go into the network settings and assign an IP in the same network segment. For example, I use 192.168.0.5x for all the Directv receivers.

Yes, you go into the network settings and assign an IP in the same network segment. For example, I use 192.168.0.5x for all the Directv receivers.

Ok that make sense so thanks for the info..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)