iPad Case & Screen Protector Recommendations

rjruby

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Sep 13, 2003
Nazareth, PA
I'm getting my wife an iPad for her birthday.

Any recommendations on cases and screen protectors?

Thanks,

Bob

Good luck finding the official iPad case, those are just about as hard to find as an iPad itself. I've been using a sleeve and that seems to work well for me.

Bought my wife one too for here birthday last weekend. Ended up getting the Incase sleeve from the Apple store. Works good but is does not have any handles when you cary it around. As for screen protector we didn't get one, from what I have seen and read it's a waste and not needed.

On the opening day I bought the last Apple case they had and I like it a lot. It doesn't have handles but is quite streamlined and folds to help stand the ipad up portrait and landscape. That is what I really like about it. Using the ipad without a case like this really is awkward for me.

I checked with our local store and while they are getting ipads in several days a week it is not meeting demand. At store closing the ipads have been sold out every day for over a month. People are still lining up every day at delivery time. I thought for sure the ipad frenzy would have worn off by now but it appears that the limit of ipad sales is not demand, but Apple's ability to deliver. Too bad htc or HP doesn't have theirs out yet or they'd be selling like crazy. Missed opportunity.

I have one official ipad case and am waiting on another one for our 2nd ipad. Scheduled delivery on the 2nd one is June 2.

On the opening day I bought the last Apple case they had and I like it a lot. It doesn't have handles but is quite streamlined and folds to help stand the ipad up portrait and landscape. That is what I really like about it. Using the ipad without a case like this really is awkward for me.

I checked with our local store and while they are getting ipads in several days a week it is not meeting demand. At store closing the ipads have been sold out every day for over a month. People are still lining up every day at delivery time. I thought for sure the ipad frenzy would have worn off by now but it appears that the limit of ipad sales is not demand, but Apple's ability to deliver. Too bad htc or HP doesn't have theirs out yet or they'd be selling like crazy. Missed opportunity.

At our local Apple store you can put your name on a waiting list for the model you want.

When they get the iPad in stock, they'll send you an email and hold it for two days before it goes back into stock on the next person on the waiting list.

They claimed the wait time is similar to the Apple On-line store...7-10 days.

Check Amazon. Type in "iPad case". I found two on there that I am very happy with.

I've been considering this case but there have been reports that "compass" doesn't work on the 3G units because of the magnet in the case. GPS works OK though.

Eco-Vue for iPad

I did get the case I referenced in my previous posting and can highly recommend it. It's high quality and the cost is a reasonable $45

An excellant video review of the case can be found at [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOIH5E0G-7E]YouTube - Marware Eco Vue For iPad[/ame]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts