IPG guide down

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Choochr

Original poster
Jan 3, 2010
Illinois
In case you have lost your 4DTV guide in the last day, Motorola is working on it; it isn't your' system's problem.

Sorry we're all having trouble, glad its not just me, though. Unable to force guide since early this morning. (Sunday.)

Are we 4dtv'ers abandoned on weekends or is there somewhere to notify the source when this happens? I know we're the minority, but we still buy a service which includes this guide. Pehaps omeone has already addressed this and I missed it somewhere in previous posts?

My guide has been down since last night. NPS said Motorola will work on it Monday, no one there on weekends. :(

Thank you for the info! Like another member here, I remember C Band with no guide, but sure miss it.

Some here have suggested using Zap2It on the web. I have many of the channels listed there in a personalized guide, but it appears they don't have the C-Band channels that are repackaged on W5? The guide offerings for personalizing seem inaccurate. Looked at both C band and 4DTV. Is there another similar online guide anyone recommends that may have that info in full?

Appreciate the post and your information. The saddest part of this is...I have a spare 920 that a friend wants me to install for him, he likes the ala carte and smaller package options over pizza dishes and cable. But...with the poor guide service of late, I think I'm tempted to NOT recommend 4D. Unlesss...

Are subscribers to the 410 systems affected by our guide issues, or do they get their own version that is more reliable?

If that's the case, I'll point him toward the 410 receiver and skyvision instead of my old 920.

Thank you for the info! Like another member here, I remember C Band with no guide, but sure miss it.

Some here have suggested using Zap2It on the web. I have many of the channels listed there in a personalized guide, but it appears they don't have the C-Band channels that are repackaged on W5? The guide offerings for personalizing seem inaccurate. Looked at both C band and 4DTV. Is there another similar online guide anyone recommends that may have that info in full?

Appreciate the post and your information. The saddest part of this is...I have a spare 920 that a friend wants me to install for him, he likes the ala carte and smaller package options over pizza dishes and cable. But...with the poor guide service of late, I think I'm tempted to NOT recommend 4D. Unlesss...

Are subscribers to the 410 systems affected by our guide issues, or do they get their own version that is more reliable?

If that's the case, I'll point him toward the 410 receiver and skyvision instead of my old 920.

If he just wants W5 channels the 410 is fine. They have a different guide data stream then the 4DTV does. The 920 will give him more options though. There are no alacarts with the 410 just 2 packages and then movie channels.

Don't let the guide issues keep him from enjoying the 4DTV. Even with a few issues here and there and slight inconveniences. Im sure by tomorrow sometime Motorola will have the guide back up. It's working just not getting program data, may be as simple of rebooting the server.

When I was using my W5-410 sub, the guide worked great. Although others had issues with it. If I remember correctly, our sites owner, Scott never got his to work.

Too bad the 410 data and channel mapping are different. I wish my 4DTV W5 package could load it's data there.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts