iPhone 4 has been officially announced! Goes on sale on June 24!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
iPhone 4 will be "the thinnest smartphone on the planet" at 9.3 mm thick. That's 24 percent width of iPhone 3GS.

Jobs: iPhone 4 will have "retina display," which means it has four times the pixels on the screen. "We get really, really sharp text."

Jobs is trying to demo the iPhone 4 but AT&T 3G and WiFi networks aren't working. "Well jeez," Jobs says :D

Nice, but 720 30p isn't HD. Gotta overstate everything these days, I guess.

iPhone 4 screen is 960 x 640 pixels. It has an 800 to 1 contrast ratio.
The iPhone 4 will run on the A4 chip.
iPhone 4 will have better battery life, including 7 hrs of talk time on 3G andn 10 hrs of web browsing on WiFI.
iPhone 4 will have 32 GB of storage.
iPhone 4 will have a gyroscope. Wild cheers from the audience here.
Jobs: iPhone 4 will have a 5 megapixel camera with a backside illuminated sensor, which he says is fairly new to smartphones.
The iPhone 4 camera will have a 5X digital zoom
iPhone 4 camera records HD video. [cheers] 720p at 30 frames per second. Video will have tap-to-focus. Built-in video editor. Video flash.

Steve Jobs announces iMovie app for the iPhone. Wild cheers again...

Apple says iMovie for iPhone means people can shoot, edit and share movies from the "device you carry in your pocket everyday."

iMovie for iPhone will cost $4.99

Jobs is trying to demo the iPhone 4 but AT&T 3G and WiFi networks aren't working. "Well jeez," Jobs says :D
Hey Jobs, so you are having AT&T 3G issues as well... huh? Ever hear of this little company called Verizon? Might make that new little toy of yours a little more efficient...

iPhone 4 screen is 960 x 640 pixels. It has an 800 to 1 contrast ratio.

78% of the pixels on iPad in this smaller display. I always have thought the resolution on the iPad was too low. It should have been 1920x1080. I guess they need something for iPad 2.0.

Hey Jobs, so you are having AT&T 3G issues as well... huh? Ever hear of this little company called Verizon? Might make that new little toy of yours a little more efficient...

There are 570 WiFi base stations in the room. They are just overloaded. He is doing the demo with WiFi.

But no 4g network support.

Yes, I know AT&T lacks a 4G network, but I want to be relatively future proofed. Seems like Apple just wants everyone to be forced to buy 2 new iPhones.

I have loved my iPhone, but come February when my contract is up, I'll be looking closely at a 4G Android phone. I imagine someone will join the Evo by then.

There are 570 WiFi base stations in the room. They are just overloaded. He is doing the demo with WiFi.
Don't mind me... just a fickle Verizon customer :devil:.

On that note, yes.. apple still has a decent market share, but a market share that will stagnate unless they (someday) decide to open the device up to those of us with EXTREMELY poor AT&T coverage.

But I digress, the new phone looks sharp, I like the slightly more box-y design. (wonder if Gizmodo is in attendance today at the press conference today?)

Nice, but 720 30p isn't HD. Gotta overstate everything these days, I guess.

While they supposedly once considered calling it the iphone HD they don't seem to have done that. And I am not sure that at this screen size it would matter.

Besidesd what does "HD" mean when it comes to a smartphone? It would certainly leasd people to believe it means the same thing as in video but that is not necessarily the case.

The same thing happened at the Google I/O conference. Everyone has their wifi on and is sending out updates to all their blogs and it bogs down the networks. Not an AT&T problem.

Steve Jobs demos video call on iPhone 4. Crazy-wild cheers from audience. You can see both callers on the screen.
Jobs: "We call this FaceTime video calling. And it's -- it's great. It's iPhone 4 to iPhone 4, anywhere there is WiFi."
FaceTime video calling on iPhone 4 will be Wi-Fi only this year. No setup. "Apple will ship 10s of millions of FaceTime devices this yr"
FaceTime -- video calls from Apple -- will be an "open industry standard."

They probably decided they would need 1280x720 to call it HD. This is still a little short in resolution.

At least AT&T said you can port your unlimited 3G plan to a new device. So, at least existing customers can avoid the data caps when using HD video for the new screen.

He is showing video chatting. You see yourself with PiP. Note WiFi only. They are "working with cell providers" to bring this to cell networks, perhaps next year.

Goes on sale on June 24!
iPhone 4 will cost $199 for 16GB storage; $299 for 32GB storage in the U.S.

New iOS 4 will be released on June 21 (for free)
It will work on the iPhone 3GS but not fully on the iPhone 3G or iPod.

AT&T has also allowed all contracts that expire in 2010 be renewed now instead of having to wait until the contract date (i.e. if your 2 year runs out in October, you can get the iPhone this month with subsidised price and new 2 year renewal).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts