This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

IPHONE 5

different technology different chips

Nope, same chips dual core A5 will be in the iPhone 5. Apple always use the same chipset for their latest products to keep cost down.
I has to be either the IPS display or radio performance issues they are hammering out now.

no but Android has more FREE features tho (on Verizon). Iphone is not elligible for discounts but android is

Then why mention the call and surf argument asa reason to buy android vs Iphone on Verizon?

Then why mention the call and surf argument asa reason to buy android vs Iphone on Verizon?

didnt mean to say it was..but he was switching from att where u can call and surf with the i-phone

juan. I'm switching to Verizon so I can call period.
While 3G is important, the ability to make and receive calls is important too.

Geronimo- Listen to me as I have the Thunderbolt. Here is a factual answer, not a guess.

I can make a phone call and receive a phone call while surfing the web, download e-mail, and even stream video using sling media. The later gets a bit challenging as the sound is a mix between the phone call and the TV Program .

But you can only do this when in a LTE region. If you operate the Thunderbolt outside the LTE region, you will be on EVDO Rev A and now your internet connection must be done via a #77 phone call. ALL CDMA / EVDO service is phone call based. Just thyat when you connect with EVDO, you dial #77 to connect to the web server. This is the reason why you can't do phone call and surf the internet at the same time. You phone can't call two different numbers at the same time. With LTE, the internet connection is it's own radio signal, similar to clearwire or a wifi RF signal that has nothing to do with a phone modem. So, you can operate both transceivers simultaneously.

According to the Mac rumor site the iPhone 5 will be announced in September.

It is suppose to be a Hugh upgrade with 4g support.

At the wwdc conference in June we will get some idea of what the iPhone 5 will have as IOS 5 will be previewed.

I hope you're right. And I hope it's huge, too, and I don't care if the guy doing it is named Hugh or not.

If the 5 has 4G or some other major feature improvement, I'll upgrade the following January.

Navy- get prepared then to get what you want. If the iphone 5 is not LTE for Verizon, then I would really be surprised because that would mean something failed in the tests that the Chinese company said was ongoing right now. Why would China get an iphone5 with 4G and not the US? Doesn't make sense. The only people who say it won't happen are the Apple haters. I go by announcements and China has already begun testing the LTE version of the iphone beginning this month. Why the delay? easy- It's the memory that's in short supply due to the tsunami. Samsung, I understand is the only backup source and everyone is hitting them for product.

juan. I'm switching to Verizon so I can call period.
While 3G is important, the ability to make and receive calls is important too.

iPhone 4 Battery life on VZW is not very good. In my short time with the AT&T iPhone 4, its better life was far better than my friends VZW version. As you know your battery issue is the iPhone 3G and 3GS are notorious and one of the greatest features of 4.

In the end iPhone 4 wasnt for me because of the issues with downloading files and transfer to a laptop on the go. Android does all that for me. I like the Atrix much better than iPhone.

Don- So it's time to buy Samsung stock? Probably the nawth would then invade, sending the stock down.

I'm happy with my 3GS. I can wait till January or even much longer if need be. I can see having a 4G capable phone before 4G is available, but that doesn't mean rush out immediately.

Good luck with that. It's OTC with no real volume. Current price I saw was $448.00/share. And. it pays a 1.05% dividend. I prefer Apple and Google and Netflix. NO dividend but the trades can net you 15-40% return before taxes. Easier to trade too.

I'm on Verizon LTE right now tethered to my laptop. Been running about 11-12 Mbs download here in Las Vegas hotel. The hotel wifi is only 500 kbps. with nothing at all on upload so you wait and wait to get a response on a click. I have LTE in Jacksonville so I'm good. If you do a lot of media on your smartphone you should check out your area for LTE. I never want to go back to 3G.

diogen said:
There are a dozen or so chips in the iPhone4.
iPhone 4 Teardown - Page 2 - iFixit
And probably at least half of them will be new.

Diogen.

The cpu is the same an A4. The radios, and other components usually are same company. The a5 will be in the iphone 5 or whatever the hell they may call it

Sent from my SGH-T959 using SatelliteGuys