Iphone coming to All carriers.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Verizon might get an LTE phone. But Sprint is going with WiMax and Apple would have to decide if they wish to support that.

CDMA iphone is dead. There will only be an LTE version to be released near the end of 2010. It will be for both AT&T and Verizon. Not sure about T-Mobile but T-M is to get the GSM version (3GS) this summer. There are lots of reports on this, all rumor as nothing from Apple, officially.

Sprint and wimax. Looks like Google and htc will be hitting the wimax offerings with Sprint, the only carrier in the US to go wimax. Sprint will also be first in wide spread 4G as they have it up now in many locations.

It looks like the playing field will be shifting in 2011 for the next generation mobile internet.

CDMA iphone is dead. There will only be an LTE version to be released near the end of 2010. It will be for both AT&T and Verizon. Not sure about T-Mobile but T-M is to get the GSM version (3GS) this summer. There are lots of reports on this, all rumor as nothing from Apple, officially.

Sprint and wimax. Looks like Google and htc will be hitting the wimax offerings with Sprint, the only carrier in the US to go wimax. Sprint will also be first in wide spread 4G as they have it up now in many locations.

It looks like the playing field will be shifting in 2011 for the next generation mobile internet.

Sprint can do what they want but I believe they are in serious financial trouble and will probably get taken over. Their coverage is also really really $hitty if you leave the city.

Sprint can do what they want but I believe they are in serious financial trouble and will probably get taken over. Their coverage is also really really $hitty if you leave the city.

Agree! I bought a bunch of Sprint stock when it was very low and can sell at anytime above $3 but hoping for $5/share. If there is a takeover bid, that would be nice and I'm waiting for that too. Sprint seems fairly progressive except for that wimax support. They do have good assets for a takeover though.
According to Cook, COO at Apple, they are favoring LTE since it is the high speed system for world wide standard and he said Apple likes simple one version inventory. Apple has been testing LTE with Verizon since April of 2009. with results 12Mbs down/3Mbs up. Going LTE will not jeopardize their relationship with AT&T either. Verizon said they plan to roll out LTE in 30 markets later this year with rapid expansion in 2011. What I don't understand, is they also said they will continue to add EVDO through the next several years. AT&T doesn't expect to see LTE deployment until sometime in 2011 as they are currently engaged in the backhaul upgrade which is necessary to fix what's broke with 3G.

Agree! I bought a bunch of Sprint stock when it was very low and can sell at anytime above $3 but hoping for $5/share. If there is a takeover bid, that would be nice and I'm waiting for that too. Sprint seems fairly progressive except for that wimax support. They do have good assets for a takeover though.
According to Cook, COO at Apple, they are favoring LTE since it is the high speed system for world wide standard and he said Apple likes simple one version inventory. Apple has been testing LTE with Verizon since April of 2009. with results 12Mbs down/3Mbs up. Going LTE will not jeopardize their relationship with AT&T either. Verizon said they plan to roll out LTE in 30 markets later this year with rapid expansion in 2011. What I don't understand, is they also said they will continue to add EVDO through the next several years. AT&T doesn't expect to see LTE deployment until sometime in 2011 as they are currently engaged in the backhaul upgrade which is necessary to fix what's broke with 3G.

Any phone that works on Verizons LTE network has to be backwards compatiable with evdo and cdma...so Apple will still need to develop that part on the phone, it cant be a LTE only phone.

stuart- Not necessarily! CTO Malone said that the CDMA will remain but these services will remain as voice only services. EVDO will quickly be replaced by LTE devices in 2011 and 2012 and will be offered at much lower data rate$. LTE only devices will be all data and use VOIP. He said they will use a non compatible with other carriers SIM card too. VZ sees CDMA being shut down completely by 2018 or 2020. He said as a voice only CDMA 1RxTT service it is very stable and robust. He believes there will be a market for voice only service. Also that by end of 2009 all facilities have been upgraded to EVDO Rev A technology. Efforts now are being channeled to LTE addition. Almost forgot- he also said that the rumors of Verizon going to GSM are false. It will be from CDMA to LTE over the next decade. Intro of LTE will be fast but shut down of CDMA will be slow.

Of course there is nothing official from Apple but hints that an all LTE only iphone could be the Verizon iphone and use VOIP for voice. Ericson Sony also has an LTE only phone in development. Interesting that Apple also Just announced allowing VOIP on their iphone 3G AT&T service.

Well Yesterday it appears Apple squashed any rumors..They said they will remain with AT&T only in the USA.

Apple Shuts Out Verizon on IPad as AT&T Feels Strain (Update2) - BusinessWeek

You see, this is a technical thing many don't get. Presently, to run on Verizon in 60 days would require an EVDO ipad. They are only offering a GSM version, for now. Look for LTE in 1- 2 years. GSM gives Apple a world wide market.

"Remaining with AT&T" is not the same thing as saying AT&T will have a 4 year exclusive on the ipad. They didn't say that.

I agree with Don. I think that apple is not all that happy with CDMA and if they switch to Verizon (or just expand there) they will do their best to avoid CDMA support.

stuart- Not necessarily! CTO Malone said that the CDMA will remain but these services will remain as voice only services. EVDO will quickly be replaced by LTE devices in 2011 and 2012 and will be offered at much lower data rate$. LTE only devices will be all data and use VOIP. He said they will use a non compatible with other carriers SIM card too. VZ sees CDMA being shut down completely by 2018 or 2020. He said as a voice only CDMA 1RxTT service it is very stable and robust. He believes there will be a market for voice only service. Also that by end of 2009 all facilities have been upgraded to EVDO Rev A technology. Efforts now are being channeled to LTE addition. Almost forgot- he also said that the rumors of Verizon going to GSM are false. It will be from CDMA to LTE over the next decade. Intro of LTE will be fast but shut down of CDMA will be slow.

Of course there is nothing official from Apple but hints that an all LTE only iphone could be the Verizon iphone and use VOIP for voice. Ericson Sony also has an LTE only phone in development. Interesting that Apple also Just announced allowing VOIP on their iphone 3G AT&T service.

Don what percentage of the country is going to be covered by verizon LTE in 2011 and 2012...its a small percentage, trust me their will have to be some sort of backwards compatibility. IF there wasnt, LTE will fail as people will only be able to use their phones in their home territory, if they traveled and went to a area with evdo/cdma they wont be able to make a call.

Stuart- You make a good point but currently the only info being stated by Verizion is that multimode CDMA and LTE devices is under consideration per their FAQ on LTE deployment.

This is what they said back on Dec 20:

Verizon Wireless plans to launch its 4G LTE wireless network in 25 to 30 markets next year and cover virtually all of its current nationwide 3G footprint with the next-generation network by the end of 2013. The company’s 4G LTE network will ultimately connect a full range of electronics devices and machines.

On Jan 20, Malone said it will complete a year early ( 2012)

Personally, I think they plan to have LTE implemented so fast all at once that it ( multimode) will be unnecessary. Consider that they release LTE for commercial use in Nov 2010 for 30 markets and the remaining markets by January 2011. All discussion is that they are shooting for a very fast switchover to LTE for Data. To get people to switch, will be achieved through data plan price incentives. This would make Apple just sit tight until it only needs to have an LTE iphone. May mean no Verizon iphone until 2011 as opposed to the rumored July release date.

Stuart- You make a good point but currently the only info being stated by Verizion is that multimode CDMA and LTE devices is under consideration per their FAQ on LTE deployment.

This is what they said back on Dec 20:

On Jan 20, Malone said it will complete a year early ( 2012)

Personally, I think they plan to have LTE implemented so fast all at once that it ( multimode) will be unnecessary. Consider that they release LTE for commercial use in Nov 2010 for 30 markets and the remaining markets by January 2011. All discussion is that they are shooting for a very fast switchover to LTE for Data. To get people to switch, will be achieved through data plan price incentives. This would make Apple just sit tight until it only needs to have an LTE iphone. May mean no Verizon iphone until 2011 as opposed to the rumored July release date.

actually I would say later then that...as an investor how do you view apples latest stunt by partnering with ATT again for the ipad, you dont think there was some agreement there?

Well, right now the ipad seems like a bust! Not getting good reviews the morning after the love fest. It's kind of ironic that I own Apple and AT&T but not Verizon right now. I have in the past and sold off when it peaked. I've been a short investor for most stocks I own.

Personally, I have had time to consider my own love - fest with the ipad today and cooled off a bit too. With the stock taking a serious dump, I bought back in and made a nice profit of 8 shares of Apple stock, more than I owned just before the PC. So, overall I still believe in Apple cult movement. AT&T is a careful watch for me and it does pay a dividend. It got a small boost with the announcement but basically lost it by the end of the show. So, overall, I think Apple's stunt as you put it wasn't really a stunt but rather an offshoot of a past and continuing relationship with AT&T. I don't see them making a switch, but rather expanding their market with other carriers, not just Verizon but also T-Mobile and others around the globe. Apple is gearing up and that will never mean dropping AT&T nor as one poster put it, slapping Verizon in the face by not having a Verizon deal on the ipad. I think that was simply a fact of Verizon is not ready for it yet, not ready until LTE is ready as that seems to be the joint interest between Apple, AT&T and Verizon. The ipad will not be what the iphone intro was unless Apple resolves some of the major complaints in the next 60 days.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts