Iphone MMS coming to att sept 25th

Um, how can iPhone MMS be 7 years too late when the iPhone has only been available for about 2.5 years?
MMS has been around for about 7 years. It was first used in 2002. So if we're going from the start of the iPhone I guess then they're just 4.5 years behind.

MMS has been around for about 7 years. It was first used in 2002. So if we're going from the start of the iPhone I guess then they're just 4.5 years behind.

It really doesn't matter how long MMS has been around. The article is about adding MMS support to the iPhone. The iPhone has only been on the market since mid 2007. Mid-2007 was not 7 years ago nor was it 4.5 years ago. AT&T did not hide the fact that MMS was not being supported so if you bought an iPhone to do MMS you didn't do your homework.

No word on Teathering which was supposed to come at the same time.

you must have missed that part, it said in the future :D :rant:

AT&T Updates on Status of iPhone Tethering | The iPhone Blog

Following up on today’s announcement that AT&T would be making MMS available to US iPhone users on September 25, TiPb asked the logical followup — tethering?

We expect to offer tethering in the future. By its nature, this function could exponentially increase traffic on the network, and we need to ensure that some of our current upgrades are in place before we can deliver the expanded functionality with the excellent performance that customers expect.

They’re likely referring, at least in part, to their ongoing rollout of 850 MHz 3G — most recently in New York and New Jersey — which should put more width in their bandwidth.

It really doesn't matter how long MMS has been around. The article is about adding MMS support to the iPhone. The iPhone has only been on the market since mid 2007. Mid-2007 was not 7 years ago nor was it 4.5 years ago. AT&T did not hide the fact that MMS was not being supported so if you bought an iPhone to do MMS you didn't do your homework.

Apple didn't hide it, but the stores selling the phones sure did. That's all I heard about when the first iPhone came out... "I returned that &$&%@ when the picture text wouldn't work!"

I couldn't live without the tethering. I've been tethering on all my phones since back in 2003. And no I'm not paying extra for it... I already pay you guys for data!

I think this is probably the last straw that will get me to upgrade my 2G iPhone to a 3GS iPhone. I can't even take advantage of MMS on the 2G version.

Funny about Iphone 3g speeds, Try living in an area where there is no 3g, or even worse go to an area (like downtown chicago) and have you phone say 3g only to find that there is no internet access to upload photo's onto twitter or even send a twitter text.

ATT's Network is rediculous. I realllly cant wait for the Iphone to move on over to VZ or any other provider! As soon as that happens, SEEEYA ATT!

Bob- If you hate AT&T so much, move now. Everything you want to do can be done on the Touch Pro. Vz doesn't have the XV6800 anymore and the 6900 sucks. Moving to VZ isn't going to help you with iphone that doesn't do all the stuff you like either. iphone is a toy and you want enterprise quality phone. The carrier will help with service but you'll still have your hands tied by Apple restrictions and control.

BTW- Last Sunday I was in the Verizon main store here and they told me the word is iphone in one year, like July 2010. IT will be a new version even better than the latest out. Present iphones won't work or be traded in on Verizon network service. However, they are talking about a program for existing customers at Verizon to upgrade to iphone.

Apple Fan Boy? Or apologist? STOP IT already..AT&T Dropped the ball, and you know it!!!!

Apple Fan Boy? Or apologist? STOP IT already..AT&T Dropped the ball, and you know it!!!!

But we've known since the iPhone has been out that it didn't support MMS, because, according to Apple and AT&T, it didn't need it because of the e-mail capabilities. A sorry argument if there ever was one, but it is what it is. So it stands, if you are were expecting MMS with previous versions of the iPhone, you didn't do your homework.

There are plenty of other phones on all networks that don't support MMS, but don't get near the scrutiny because it's no fun to pick on a company when it isn't Apple.

I thought the story was that AT&T billing was not set up properly to do MMS on the iPhone and AT&T has been slowly working on it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)