iphone question?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

danristheman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 25, 2011
85w
Me and my mother want to switch to consumer cellular from verizon to save money. They offer good phones with sim cards could I get a iphone from ebay and put the sim card from a consumer cellular phone and put it in iphone? Any advice?

Dan Rose

A few points to keep in mind:

1. You would need an iPhone from AT&T (not from Verizon or Sprint).

2. The phone would need to be unlocked!

3. Keep in mind that there are two sizes of SIM cards: mini and micro. iPhone 4 uses the smaller micro SIM. Though there are ways to cut the regular mini SIM to fit in the micro slot.

4. Many features of the iPhone (voice mail for example) require special support from the carrier and may not work properly with other carriers. You might save some money going this route, but be prepared to face a lot of problems and limitations along the way. Not sure if it's worth the trouble. If you do want to switch the carrier, consider getting a smartphone that is supported by that carrier: this would be much cheaper and less troublesome!

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

You would not be happy with the iPhone since you would not have 3G access unless you use a supported carrier.

Perhaps Sprint would be competative in rates with the iphone.

A lot of thier smartphones are not best ones to have and its the bigger sim card that I need. Look up the video on the motorola free phone they offer. I want to the SIM card out of the free phone and put it in the iphone.

Dan Rose

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts