iPhone ring tones

Try this one. Free registration, although to get the tones on the phone requires a little bit of workaround.

I wonder if you could just load MP3 tones on the phone and have it recognize them as ringtones. Anyone know?

If you have a mac it's very easy with garage band. you can import any mp3 into itunes and convert to aac , then import into garage band and edit anyway you like. then export back to the ring tones folder in Itune. It's been awhile since I did it but I think there is a lenght limit on the finished ring tone, maybe 20-30 seconds, but I'm not sure.

I've got a few that are several minutes long, all I did was rename a file from .m4a to .m4r and add it to the folder. Of course, nobody will let the phone ring long enough for me to hear the whole thing :)

i used the "rename" function in windows to do it :) Make sure to unhide "known extensions" first then just click the thing and rename it.

I've read there are some technical differences between a "standard m4a audio file" and a "m4r ringtone file" - something regarding metadata - but every one I have tried just renaming has worked fine.

Here is what I get when I try this. It doesn't look the same as the link video shows or describes. None of my MP3 files have the "m4a" in the file name, and when I convert my 30 sec clip to an AAC format to rename it to a "m4r", the file shows up as unrecognizable. What am I doing wrong here?

Attachments

• ringtone.jpg
    ringtone.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts