iPhone Users Overcharged?

Strictly speaking, I don't think this suit has many legs to stand on.
But if enough money is pumped into it and/or AT&T decides to dig their heels - you
can't exclude any of those scenarios - this can be a very interesting case...

The most interesting question would be: is the iPhone calling home to AT&T or Apple?

Most likely it will be settled within few weeks, quietly...

Diogen.

They could make this go away by dropping their stupid caps and bringing back unlimited.
Huh?
Plaintiff claims AT&T charges for nothing, i.e. traffic exist only on paper and has nothing to do with real use.
What does this have to do with caps, whether present or not?

Whether this case has merits is a different question altogether...

Diogen.

diogen said:
Huh?
Plaintiff claims AT&T charges for nothing, i.e. traffic exist only on paper and has nothing to do with real use.
What does this have to do with caps, whether present or not?

Whether this case has merits is a different question altogether...

Diogen.

Without caps the amount of usage and whether or not ATT is inflating it would be irrelevant, the customer would always pay the same flat fee (no overage situations were incorrect metering would cost a customer additional money).

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

It doesn't look like this scenario is actually the reason for the lawsuit. From the linked article
The company hired did tests that involved buying a brand new iPhone, disabling any apps that would use data, and letting
the phone sit untouched, for two weeks. The results of the tests turned up charges on the bill for 35 separate transactions.

Sounds more like pay-as-you-go...

Diogen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts