IPTV Offerings

jholland

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 6, 2005
Central Illinois
I went to the Blue Highways TV site to check out that channel, which is unfamiliar to me. It will be an interesting addition. I checked out a program called American Jukebox Theater. It is a 50s and 60s rock n' roll show, kinda like something you might see in Branson. They offer some free video clips you can play in Windows Media Player. Fun!

I also compared offerings on HGTV, which I don't think will be in the IPTV line-up, with Discovery-Home, which will be. The Discovery-Home channel has a good variety of offerings, not a bad replacement.

Just checking things out . . .

Last edited:
My guess is that if SA already planned to carry several Discovery networks, it was much cheaper to just add one more rather than continue under a separate contract with HGTV. (I might guess that HGTV also would have suggested/required the eventual addition of partners Food Network, DIY, & Fine Living.)

some of HGTV shows have not really been appropriate for Christian families anyway. that said discovery channels are evolutionary as is its website.

That's just it. I don't know that are any "perfect" secular channels from a Christian point of view. I was honestly surprised that they chose to carry so many Discovery channels, really. But they are in the Family package, not the Faith package.

some of HGTV shows have not really been appropriate for Christian families anyway. that said discovery channels are evolutionary as is its website.

Some creationists I've heard say they turn off the sound and just watch the pictures, lol. We are already teaching our child Creationism, and we watch TV together to point out falsehoods.

We have turned off several HGTV shows because of the content or language. All in all it is more family friendly than a lot of channels available with a Family Friendly designation.

That's just it. I don't know that are any "perfect" secular channels from a Christian point of view. I was honestly surprised that they chose to carry so many Discovery channels, really. But they are in the Family package, not the Faith package.

Discovery are popular channels, even among Christians. I can see why SA decided to carry them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts