IPTV service for a Business Office?

peters

Original poster
Sep 23, 2003
Silicon Valley, CA
The company I work for has an office in Irvine California in a high rise. We did have Cox cable in the office, but due to billing issues we had to pull the plug on the service.

We wanted to feed the TV's in the office with the standard news TV channels i.e. Fox, CNN, CNBC etc.

The building will not let us put a dish on the roof so that rules out Dish/DTV. I was interested in finding out if there was an IPTV service that is ready for prime time use in an a business office.

This office is in ATT territory and ATT says they cannot offer U-verse to this location. Verizon cannot offer service either.

We have a couple of T-1's coming into the office, so we should have enough bandwidth to drive this service.

Any tips on what service I should look for?

Thx!

The company I work for has an office in Irvine California in a high rise. We did have Cox cable in the office, but due to billing issues we had to pull the plug on the service.

We wanted to feed the TV's in the office with the standard news TV channels i.e. Fox, CNN, CNBC etc.

The building will not let us put a dish on the roof so that rules out Dish/DTV. I was interested in finding out if there was an IPTV service that is ready for prime time use in an a business office.

This office is in ATT territory and ATT says they cannot offer U-verse to this location. Verizon cannot offer service either.

We have a couple of T-1's coming into the office, so we should have enough bandwidth to drive this service.

Any tips on what service I should look for?

Thx!

There's always the combination of Slingbox and Slingcatcher.

I'm in a similar situation as Peters.

I'm kind of surprised that I haven't been able to find an IPTV provider for myself. My only requirement is that TNT is carried so I can watch the NBA playoffs.

Looking for a device that plugs into the router, and has outputs for the TV. Our DSL service is 3mb. I thought for sure I would find a provider in a matter of minutes.

Fios not available.
U-Verse not available.

But what I really want is something that doesn't require an installer coming out. Plug n Play. Something like Fyre TV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)